Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fireworks CS4 Internal error when starting

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2008 Oct 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Have upgraded to CS4 Web Premium yesterday. Everything seems to working fine except for Fireworks.

When trying to load it says 'Fireworks can not be started, internal error occurred' . This always happens on the splash screen at the point 'Initializing Tools'

I have tried re-installing, I have tried removed Application Data and renaming the Control Panels folder (read this somewhere as something to try) but nothing resolves the problem.

At the moment I have to revert to using Fireworks CS3 which continues to work without any problems.

Help!

Cheers

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2008 Oct 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. Hopefully there isn't a global error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS?
Did you have the public beta installed and was this un-installed first?

h

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OSX

I did not have the trial before. It was a direct upgrade from CS2.

After reading some documentation, I installed updates for my computer, and now even the installer crashes. At least the other CS4 apps work. I was really hoping for Fireworks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from Web Premium CS3.3.

Fireworks CS3 works fine.

Fireworks CS4 does not.

Be nice to have Adobe's view point on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got Fireworks CS4 to work, but it involved reinstalling my whole OS. There has to be a better way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2008 Oct 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me to. OS X 10.5.5

CS3-> CS4

Error 11

Tried reinstalling. twice.

Hey Adobe Interested in Helping us?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2008 Oct 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rubylabs wrote:
> Me to. OS X 10.5.5
>
> CS3-> CS4
>
> Error 11
>
> Tried reinstalling. twice.
>
> Hey Adobe Interested in Helping us?????

Are you getting error while installing? Are you getting Internal Error dialog at FW CS4 launch?
Exactly at what point are you getting error 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 29, 2009 Aug 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same promlem using Windows Vista. I re installed 2 times, no previous beta on the machine. Nothing worked. I was so fed up and needed to work that I purchased my first MAC. I sure hope it doesn't happen again like it did to the person above!

I use Fireworks every day! Until I saw this thread I thought it was mt "sick" PC:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2008 Oct 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rubylabs
Can you tell us when do you see the error? Is it during installation or at Fireworks launch?
Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by: rubylabs
Me to. OS X 10.5.5

CS3-> CS4

Error 11

Tried reinstalling. twice.

Hey Adobe Interested in Helping us?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The install ran correctly
Then when I launch the app for the first time I get the splash screen and then it just reports an Error 11 and quits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2008 Oct 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rubylabs wrote:
> Me to. OS X 10.5.5
>
> CS3-> CS4
>
> Error 11
>
> Tried reinstalling. twice.
>
> Hey Adobe Interested in Helping us?????

This is user to user forum. Contacting Adobe Support may be more helpful.
--
Jim Babbage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2008 Oct 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The software install fine.

This problems occurs whilst Fireworks CS4 is loading, for me it crashes at the 'Initialising Tools' stage

Cheers

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too.

Mac OS X 10.5.5
It already took 2 hours to install the blasted software -- I'm not interested in spending another 2 hours reinstalling it. I guess it's back to CS3... In the meantime I'm out $150 in my upgrade fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2008 Oct 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out.

I uninstalled CS3 using Adobe's Clean uninstall script found in the support section. Then I installed Fireworks CS 4. Then I installed CS3 without fireworks selected.

It all works, but lost a good day dealing with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2008 Oct 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. When I try to open CS4 Web Premium Fireworks, I get the Message, "Fireworks cannot open. An internal error occurred." I have spent about 10 hour on this now. Uninstalling , reinstalling, calling Adobe. Running the clean script, etc. I also tried what Rubylabs suggested in this discussion on 10/19/8, but it didn't work for me.
interestingly, if I login as another user on my Mac, CS4 Fireworks opens with no problems.
Adobe--as a number of us are having this problem, please help us solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem error 11.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I did what Tom, subjects in it work, but now dreamweaver don't work,
I will wait for dreamweaver 4 come may be today or tomorrow, and i will see, but CS4 , now it's working.

Thank you

Genaro1

Originally posted by: Tom Pesto
Hi guys,

If you're having issues with Fireworks CS4, try to run the CS4 cleanscript.

It's a utility to uninstall ALL CS4 programs. This way you can make a clean reinstall. Maybe someone installed beta versions before of CS4? Beta versions have been known to cause problems.

Here's the link to the Cs4 cleanscript

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.html

Tell us if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2008 Nov 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe support and an engineer was able to help me solve this. I am using a Mac OS X version 10.4.11. In my case, it was a problem font in my user fonts. I went to user:Library:Fonts and moved that font folder to a new folder with a different name. Then after I restarted my computer, Fireworks opened. Now if I feel a need for the user fonts I disabled, I will reinstall them one at a time and see if Fireworks still opens until I find the culprit font. I hope I don't have to restart my computer each time I reinstall a font to see if Fireworks still opens, but I might have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2008 Nov 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: MontyC
I contacted Adobe support and an engineer was able to help me solve this. In my case, it was a problem font in my user fonts. I went to user:Library:Fonts and moved that font folder to a new folder with a different name. Then after I restarted my computer, Fireworks opened. Now if I feel a need for the user fonts I disabled, I will reinstall them one at a time and see if Fireworks still opens until I find the culprit font. I hope I don't have to restart my computer each time I reinstall a font to see if Fireworks still opens, but I might have to.

Maybe we are finally getting somewhere here.

I will try the same thing (on Windows Vista SP1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2010 Mar 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Monty, tried your solution and it worked!!! thanks heaps for the post.

It's a rather strange one moving the font folder to another folder, didn't think it would work at first, but tried it and waala!!  I think adobe should fix this glitch however as now I am too worried to load more fonts without making backup first.

Have you had anymore problems when you load new fonts?  Can you recommend any safe procedures when loading fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure if this should go here or now, but after an adobe air update this morning, after I start working in a file, serveral mins inot an update, I'm losing the property inspector access?  when I goto select scale tool I'm getting an "internal Error" pop up no number no info, I've been just saving and restarting FW to get to work for another few mins????  anyone else seeing this?  CS4

Thanks

Oh Joyce...looooong time no see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still around:-) Have you read all the responses here on this subject? Some got results with a new install (cleanscript first). Some with font issues. I'd suggest trying it all:-) I had these issues with CS4 as well but now I use Cs5.5 and my world is good. I know that doesn't help you though:-) Also try tech support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2008 Oct 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

It's a utility to uninstall ALL CS4 programs. This way you can make a clean reinstall. Maybe someone installed beta versions before of CS4? Beta versions have been known to cause problems.

Tell us if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2008 Oct 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Tom Pesto
Hi guys,

Tell us if it helps.

Hello there, I tried installing Adobe CS4 Master Collection and all my programs work fine except for Fireworks.

I uninstalled CS3, then installed CS4 and this happened.

Then I ran the CS3 Clean Utility and wiped my CS4 install, so I had to re-install CS4.

I tried using the CS4 Clean Utility but after uninstalling CS4 it doesn't recognize any files that were left over.

I'm getting an error (the same every time) after the program is loading, just when it's launching. What can I do?

This is the error: http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9779/internalerrorzp6.jpg

System
Core 2 Duo T5300 (1.73GHz).
Windows Vista Home Premium
HDD 160 GB SATA.
RAM 3072 MB

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines