• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements opens, but menus are blank

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop Elements was working like a charm for some time. All of a sudden, I open it and the menus under file, edit, etc are blank. Anyone experienced this? I'm running Windows 10 - it worked on Windows 10 for months, and it's suddenly doing this. Nothing has changed on the computer as far as I know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kirstenj,

Thanks for contacting Adobe forum.

I can understand you are facing issue with Adobe Elements in your  Windows 10 .

I would advice you to read and follow this forum thread.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option to return to a previous build no longer exists in the recovery section of my OS. I have been unable to find any other way to remove an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the Creators update isn't an option as my device is owned by my company. Is there any fix planned for this to work with the creators update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: just spoke to some guy from Adobe, and he says the problem is caused by my computer fonts. He said I have to contact Microsoft. Has anyone heard of anything like this? Is there an easy fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the Adobe guy say what font was broken/missing?  That seems like an easy fix if a font just needs to be updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ADOBE says lot's of things , they just want you to download a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Dhananjay,

At this moment there are at least two threads dealing with the same issue, and there are 3 options to solve this issue.

I find that not everyone is able to find the 3 options to solve the problem.

1) Undo the Windows Creators Update. (Not preferred by me)

2) Copy missing font files to Windows font directory. (Difficult solution)

3) Disable Fontcache. (Advised by Microsoft)

1) Is it possible that you or someone else from Adobe add the solution somewhere on top of your FAQ support page to enable your users to easily understand the matter and find the solution?

I would think there are a lot of Photoshop Elements users who suffer this same issue!

2) On top of this page I see this question is NOT answered.

I think it is answered now, but still people have difficulty to solve the problem.

I think it is responsibility of Adobe to support their customers with this matter.

Regards, Anton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dhanajays36801738

Thanks for your reply.

I should have pointed out that I am on a MacBook Pro with macOS Sierra 10.12.5. So as yet I haven't followed any of the suggestions in the thread. Have you, ( or any one else) any further ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it's the fonts. We cannot install fonts on the computers in our company without an administrative account. The only change that happened at the same time as this problem was the latest Windows Version update. Besides, how would a bad font prevent the entire user interface from loading?

If you want to give it a shot, you can reset your fonts by opening control panel and clicking Appearance and Personalization, click Fonts, and then click Font settings on the left pane. Then you can click the button that says "Restore default font settings"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The comments to this forum are causing me to believe that the problem really cannot be solved unless Adobe issues an update. Does anyone know whether the latest version of Photoshop Elements also has this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOO HOO!  kb4025342 fixed it for me.  Nothing in the text says it should have, but it did.  I'm still at PSE9, so it might help everyone else having  the problem too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SIGH...  Yeah, I went back to use PSE9 after I got it to work, and it's busted again.  Time to find another solution.  PSE isn't worth it.  I "might" be willing to upgrade if I knew it would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried almost all of the Tips and Suggestions to resolve the Blank Menu problem and NONE of them work. It was so frustrating to uninstall and reinstall PSE9 and follow all of those suggestions.

However, I came across stevef85408950's suggestion to uninstall the KB4025342 for it worked for him. I checked my Update history and this latest Security Update was installed on July 11 2017. This makes sense because I didn't have any problems the last time I used PSE9 sometime between July 4 - 7 and I encountered the Menu problem and the PSE9 crashing on July 16 and 17. PSE9 worked like a charm after I removed KB4025342. Thus, I urge you to try it out.

BTW, I'm not sure if the removal of KB4025342 Security Update will cause, but at least, PSE9 is working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I thought that the Blank Menu problem is fixed by uninstalling KB4025342, I discovered that the problem came back again even after I uninstalled KB4025342. This happened after I started up my computer this evening. I also tried uninstalling KB4025376 since it was installed on July 12 which was almost the same day when the other update was installed. The  KB402537 is a Security Update for Adobe Flash Player and this did not fix the problem.

Now, Microsoft Windows discovered that the system was missing KB4025342 and KB4025376 and it had to reinstall this because it would make my system vulnerable since this was a Security Update. I then reinstalled both updates. After the software updates were reinstalled and after the system was restarted, the PSE9 started working again even if it had the KB4025342 and KB4025376 security updates.

Just for kicks, I decided to restart my system to see if the problem will reappear. Sure enough, the Blank Menu problem happened again. This indicates that I and the other fellow was mistaken that uninstalling KB4025342 and KB402537 would fix the problem. It is frustrating because we are now back to square one.

It appears that this is an Adobe Problem since removing any of Microsoft's updates does not fix the problem. I found out that this problem is happening from Adobe PSE 9 to 15 and there are no fixes at this point. It is so frustrating that None of the Tips and Suggestions offered to work around this problem DO NOT Work so don't bother following them.

I also noticed that when the label "Create a New Adobe ID" appears beside the "Sign In" label at the top, this means that the PSE9 is working fine. However if the  label "Create a New Adobe ID" does not appear beside the "Sign In" label at the top, this means that the PSE9 wasn't working for it doesn't have the menus and it would crash if you try to do anything else like resizing the window.

Would this observation help the Adobe Tech Support in fixing this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing a Microsoft security update is not an acceptable solution even if it works. Since I am not having problems with any other software, even including Adobe Premier Elements, it would appear to be a problem affecting only Adobe Photoshop Elements. However, I have seen nothing in this forum to indicate that Adobe plans to act.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right that I shouldn't uninstall a MS Security Update. As mentioned in my follow up response, I said that PSE9 did not work after I started up the following day after I removed KB4025342. I then reinstalled the Security Update since Windows detected that I needed that Security Update. Up to now, I still have this problem with PSE9 and this is the only application software that is broken.

I am just ignoring this problem because I have Lightroom to help me finish my project.

I do believe that Adobe needs to address this problem because I found out that the blank menu problem happens in PSE 9 to 15. They cannot blame Microsoft for that since they have not released a Fix for this. Don't you think so?

I noticed that there are now many disgruntled PSE users that are complaining about this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just encountered the same problem and have no idea how to fix this issue.  What I have read does not sound promising.  I have PSE10 on two Toshiba laptops, and the one I usually work on presented this problem the other day.  I do a lot of Photoshop artwork and now have to scramble for a fix.  I am fed up with Microsoft Windows and am looking to move the a Mac.  At least I have the other laptop to continue to work with, until that does the same thing.  Very frustrating when what I do is a money-maker and heading into the busiest time of the year for me.  Does Adobe neglect addressing the issue so an upgrade is necessary? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found something that works for me!!!  I've read through several forums and tried all of the suggestions. None of them worked until this.  It's still a little annoying but not all that difficult.  It seems that the fonts <Photoshop Large Regular> and <Photoshop Small Regular> are removed, altered or otherwise made unusable by one of the several recent Microsoft builds/updates.  If you check your fonts folder, you'll find that the 2 fonts are listed but they report a size of "0".

Each reboot causes the same action (font corruption).  I keep the two fonts on a flash drive and copy them back into the system fonts folder on reboot.  Of course I then have to reboot again. But it works!

It certainly isn't an ideal solution.  But it reality, it takes me about a minute and a half to get my Photoshop up and running (copying fonts and rebooting).  I'll keep my editorial comments about Microsoft and Adobe to myself.  But I'll say this... it seems like a fairly easy permanent fix if either of them was interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you get the fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I found the link for the font pack on a other tread but i dont know where i try to search again later

When i find it i will link the post

Maybye if your lucky you find before me

Is speaking about the font missing and have a link to a zd    page with the pack  missingfont.7r something similary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, i found it, see link below and the link is in the post 16

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9677976#9677976

I download this file , scan with my antivirus, was ok and i unzip it in a new folder and install all the font

I understand nothing, yesterday evening was working, i just tryed now, and it s the same as before, no menu .........................    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tryed to reload only the adobe font contened in the pack designed upper post then i reeboot the pc  and is reworking

I suppose windows delete this font sometime

But why . Mistery

Now i can work with my 2 pse 6 and 12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my original disks from the Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 install, I cannot figure out how to get those two fonts off these disks.  Where can I find copies of those two fonts???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yesterday i try to reload a pack of font and tryed to open pse , but this are always with the empty menu bar but i not rebooted the pc after the font upload

And

I have a microsoft update yesterday and now the menu reappears sundenly

I dont know if its the download from the font pack or the windows update  but now its working

I hope this will come like before with the update only by yours

I somebody can try only with the update

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines