• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad Fullscreen Playback

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in full screen playback, I experience strange horizontal glitches, most notably when there is movement in the frame. It's like there horizontal bands across the screen that show different frames. Slightly hard to explain, would be easier to show.

I am on a Windows 10 Desktop, 7700K Intel CPU, 32Gb Ram, Radeon RX480 8GB GPU, fast internal raid for media, two SSD's for program/OS and cache.

The problem persists on CPU only playback and with OpenCL, with HD and UHD footage, and with different codecs.

It does not happen in the normal source of program monitor, not even when in 100%.

I have chatted about this with Adobe, I have called them, spent many hours with them, but they were unable to resolve it, promised to come back to me and never did in many months, so I am hoping for a response here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephan,

I am sorry that you are facing this strange issue.

I request you to attach a screenshot (of those horizontal glitches) and we will try to troubleshoot.

Please share more details about the physical setup at your end and your display monitor details.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes the problem is there, sometimes it's not. I recorded it by attaching a Atomos Ninja Flame recorder, receiving the same UHD signal my main screen is receiving. That did seem to make matters worse than normal, but at least that allowed me to show you guys what happens. Strange thing is, I disconnected the Atomos, problem seems gone, I reconnect it, problem is still gone. So it happens sometimes, but not all the times, and I can't see a pattern or cause in it.

problem adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you choose Open CL.

Moved to Hardware forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it's an AMD style GPU, so no CUDA available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to the Task Manager on the Performance window and tell us how many processes are running?Processes.png

You may not get down to 62 processes (on my laptop with many other programs I have 70) but you may have processes trying to run stealing CPU cycles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O well, it's up to 141. Any advice on how to get to such a low number? I don't notice any playback problems and all works as smooth and fast as I could wish it for, so it does not seem to really affect performance. Still, f there are unnecessary processes running I would like to stop them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To tune your computer

1. As a starting point turn off indexing on any drive involved with  Premiere Pro project files.
  2. Disable every startup process the you can, see my Win 8 below.
  3. For more on tuning see Harm's tuning guide.  It is a little out of date but should give you other steps.

Startup-win8.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines