• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 8.0 - Won't stop fiddling with itself!

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased Adobe Acrobat 8.0 (OEM) for my Windows 7 PC.

It's installed and appears to work, but upon each reboot I'm asked to grant ADMIN rights to Acrobat, which spends 30 seconds installing or tweaking bits.

It happens every reboot, nothing seems to change, and it's interrupting my PC booting up.

Can anyone think of a way to stop this?

Many thanks,

James

Adobe image.jpg

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated …

(1)     Acrobat 8, in any version, has not been available from authorized Adobe resellers since June 2008, over nine years ago.

(2)     There is no such thing as Acrobat 8.0 (OEM). Generally, someone offering an “OEM version” of Adobe software is illegally selling “unbundled” licenses off of a volume license intended for corporate usage or a “cracked” (and possibly infected with malware) copy of the software. In some rare instances, Adobe has sold copies o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you purchase an extremely outdated, unsupported and incompatible with your OS version of Acrobat?

If you can still get a refund, do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, it's illegal to resell OEM versions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well my previous version - purchased with a scanner that I still use - was Acrobat 6.0, so this was a reasonably decent upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated …

(1)     Acrobat 8, in any version, has not been available from authorized Adobe resellers since June 2008, over nine years ago.

(2)     There is no such thing as Acrobat 8.0 (OEM). Generally, someone offering an “OEM version” of Adobe software is illegally selling “unbundled” licenses off of a volume license intended for corporate usage or a “cracked” (and possibly infected with malware) copy of the software. In some rare instances, Adobe has sold copies of some of its products to vendors for bundling with specific products, but absolutely not for separate sale. Most times that shady internet vendors advertise products as OEM, they are using that terminology to try to mask the unsavory provenance and nature of their product, typically offered at “bargain OEM prices.”

(3)     Acrobat 8  has not been supported by Adobe for many years. The base Acrobat 8 is not installable and fully operational on any version of Windows beyond Windows XP, 32-bit. It is not compatible with any reasonably modern version of Microsoft Office. And such an old version is highly susceptible to malware.

As indicated previously in this thread, if you can get a refund for this bogus software, do so immediately.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines