Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate CC export not running smoothly in Chrome

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working in Adobe Animate CC and I recently made a simple animation in an ad that runs great on and Firefox and safari however when I run it on Chrome (the latest version - 60) it is jerky and slow and awful. I made an image slide upwards and come to a slow stop with easing. It is very choppy/jerky towards the end of the animation, is there a way to fix this? I tried making custom easing out alternatives and still have the same issue in Chrome.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using Motion tween, change it to Classic tween. If you edited the easing curve, don't do that! Use one of the presets (if you're up to date with Animate the number of presets is quite long), and then adjust the intensity, between -100 and +100, to get the effect you want.

After that it should perform better everywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

I have been using classic tweens, I had originally use the preset of ease out with +100 intensity, yet it still performs with a choppy finish, hence when I did a custom one, it makes it slightly better but still not smooth. I also unchecked combine into sprite sheets. So I am unsure of what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it online somewhere we can see? Or would you be willing to upload the FLA somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to the FLA file, as well as the packaged files so you are able to see the issue in chrome.

https://we.tl/RvHuOXJonZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome has a performance profiler built in to the dev tools. Try running it and see if you can tell where it's getting hung up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This took some research and screen recording to prove my theory. It seems Chrome doesn't do sub pixel placement of object in Canvas. My screen recording showed that the image gets dedicated antialiasing every frame in Safari and Firefox, but in Chrome the antialiasing stays the same, the whole image jumps to the next pixel.

I didn't find a solution yet, but now that you know what's going wrong, maybe you'll find reports about the issue.

BTW, I did try putting the animation into a movieclip, that didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same thing happening to me, but here is my kicker to this: it happens only in ONE of the 4 sizes of my ads. The 160x600, 300x350, and the 300x600 are all fine and perfectly smooth, but the same animation in my 728x90 exhibits this problem... and you're right, the sub-pixel placement is exactly what it is.

Furthermore, this does not happen on my 2014 MacBook Pro. But it does happen on my boss's 2014 MacBook Pro, and on my 2009 Mac Pro at home. I'm thinking it might be a GPU issue, like maybe my 2009 Mac Pro's video is too old for the acceleration, but that doesn't explain the two identical MacBook Pros that are running it differently. Maddening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines