Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic does not display in Design or HTML View

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2008 Oct 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

For some reason my RoboHelp X7 topic text does not display in the Design or HTML View. The topic text appears in the Preview mode and when I generate the WebHelp project.

How do I solve this problem?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2008 Oct 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been reported in the past and I don't think anyone ever got to the bottom of what caused it. However closing the project and reopening solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 04, 2008 Nov 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing just started happening to me! I tried restarting the project, restarting Robohelp, and rebooting my computer. Nothing.

Thanks!
Erika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dual monitors?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same in one of the sample projects supplied?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It does it with all of the projects. Funny thing...it was working this morning....then all of a sudden....Not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your source files located on a (deep intake of breath) network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking that maybe rather than trying this that and the other, it might be quicker to uninstall and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - my files are on my local PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it's really bad! I uninstalled Robohelp and reinstalled and the same thing still happens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just for giggles - check the available disk space on your hard drive - the drive on which the project is located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.....but I have plenty of disk space. Good thought though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are absolutely sure, I'll shut up about it - but that was the source of the problem when I had a case of disappearing content not too long ago.

can you create new topics? do they behave?

just to rule it out, because the .CPD file turns out to be the villain in so many situations, you could back up your project, then try renaming the CPD file to let it rebuild. It may not solve the problem, but then again....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting a new uninstall/reinstall....stay tuned...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GEEZ...Now my computer crashes when I try to uninstall Robohelp!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahhhh - the plot thickens!!!

scandisk and defrag!! might turn up problems that are only being hinted at right now.
(for what it's worth, I feel your pain!!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2008 Nov 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After almost a day and a half of tearing my hair out over this...uninstalls, reinstalls, reboots, all sorts of things....here's what it was....I lost my file association. I had to reset the htm files to open using the Robohelp WYSIWYG. Why this happened all of a sudden, I have no idea.

Thank you for all of your suggestions!
Erika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2008 Nov 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erika

Can you confirm that the action was to associate HTM files with RH? That should not be necessary and I would have thought it would create other problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2008 Nov 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

I had the same problem today when I was using RoboHelp 7. Some of the topics would not display either in Design or HTML View. Later on, my co-worker helped me by adding more RAM to my pc (I had 1 GB before and now I have 2 GB of RAM). Now it seems to work fine now. The switch between topics display more quickly.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp