• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Distiller DC's Acrobat PDF Settings not respected?

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have Acrobat DC installed, and I have configured Distiller to output PDFs compatible with Acrobat 5.0 (PDF 1.4) under Acrobat PDF Settings.

However, this setting seems to be ignored when I try to print an MS office document to PDF. The resulting PDF is PDF 1.5. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Kelvin

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

The recommended way is the Acrobat ribbon in Word, which has a Create Adobe PDF or similar icon. This does NOT use Distiller but has all of its own settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you definitely printing to the Adobe PDF printer? Not using The Acrobat ribbon (recommended) or Save as? If you really must do this, check you are using the correct job option in printer setup. The Distiller app default does not apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry, I am rather new to Acrobat DC, please bear with me.

What would be the recommended way to convert a Microsoft document to PDF, so that the Acrobat Distiller setting is respected?

Could you provide some steps?

Thank you!

Kelvin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recommended way is the Acrobat ribbon in Word, which has a Create Adobe PDF or similar icon. This does NOT use Distiller but has all of its own settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, will try that out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines