• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An unknown problem has occurred and the data in the Adobe Print Engine Failed to print

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017-01-24 17;46;44.PNG

It means " An unknown problem has occurred and the data in the Adobe Print Engine Failed to print "

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

First you should try to isolate the page(s) that cause the problem.

Then, try to figure out what could cause an error on the(se) page(s). Delete dodgy elements and export page until you got no more error. When you finally managed to isolate which element causes error, it will be more easy to deal with it (corrupted font, EPS, corrupted JPG, etc....)

Vinny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-18 um 09.54.45.png

Hello everybody.

I have the same problem. Suddenly an only text dokument showed this window. Could print the document a lot of times before without any problems. Re-installed Indesign – didn't help.

Any ideas how to solve this problem. Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this just the one document that is giving you printing issue?

If so, try saving the file as an IDML (File > Save As, Format IDML) and reopen it in InDesign This method can cure most ills of InDesign documents.

If not, you should try to isolate the issue to a particular page as Vinnie suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff for your reply.

Well the exchange to an idml file Works only if I open the Document in Indesign 6. It does not  work if I open the Document In
CS 2017 and then try to print out.

Meanwhile, when I open a new document, write one word on the empty page, print that page, it works – print it again, the window above opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Mac or PC? What OS?

Any other applications with printing problems like this? Illustrator? Photoshop? Acrobat DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a Mac with the latest OS Sierra 10.12.6.

InDesign CS2017.

Did not test any other Application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest trying other applications. That way you'll know if it's just InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator and photoshop are working.

I ask a friend of mine if she can have a look at the document, send her the file and she could print it without any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already de-installed and installed Indesign CS2017. No effect on the print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Trashing InDesign Preferences? It's possible they are corrupted.

Trash Preferences ID: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/526990

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already did that. Afterwards I am able to print the Document one time but if I print the same document again the usual window apears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone any other suggestion. Now every new document gets this message. Printout works with CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi theoh,

For Error "Error "...The Adobe Print Engine has failed..." | Print | ", please try below-mentioned help articles.

The Adobe Print Engine fails error in InDesign

Troubleshoot printing problems in InDesign

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines