• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to solve error "3D camera tracker: layer size must match composition and use default transform values"?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to edit a clip from PP in AE by using "replace with AE composition".

The the sequence in PP is 4K and the clip is 1080p set to frame size to match 4K resolution.

But when I tried to track camera in AE, I got the error in the title.

What should I do?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Precompose the layer, leave all attributes, now in the precomp use the tracker.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Precompose the layer, leave all attributes, now in the precomp use the tracker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I did it wrong but it didn't work.

My workaround is to import it to AE, render it it PP w/o any editing in AE, import it to AE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are getting this error if the transform values have changed. show us some screenshots of your Ae timeline. press UU on the layer to see if there is any change in attributes. if this is a precomp, click twice to enter inside and try the effect on the layer if it's in its default values (no transform change).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm just starting to learn about AE and all of my test footage gives me this error message when I click on the track camera option. Some footage is from my iphone, some I found at getty. I didn't make any transform change. Is it my composition option causing the problem?

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 3.31.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check the transform properties of your iphone layer. you should set the effect on the default transform values.

if you do want to place your iphone in a different type of composition dimensions, one easy way to do that is to precomp the iphone layer by right clicking and choosing "pre-compose" and make sure "leave all attributes" is checked and also open new composition. now perform your 3d camera track on the layer in the composition that is set exactly to match the iphone footage layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines