• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple Mac Computer can not run the .app projector files - What is wrong?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I run Animate CC projector files on mac?

I know the way to publish .app files on my WinPC but if I want run it on a modern apple mac (10.12.3Sierra) there´s only a error message.

It´s very important for me because most of my clients are Apple user.

Thanks for your support.

J.P.Ihle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a test, and sure enough the projector says The application "app name" cannot be opened.

Console reports this line:

spawn_via_launchd() failed, errno=111 label=com.macromedia.Flash Player.app.64188 path=/Users/colin/Desktop/mactest.app/Contents/MacOS/Flash Player flags=1

The Flash Player inside the Windows created bundle is a slightly different size to the one in the Mac created bundle. Copying the Mac one to the Windows created bundle does fix the problem.

I think I will raise a bug about that. In the meantime, do you have access to a Mac at all? I can tell you how I fixed the projector, or give you the file you're need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted a bug report, though I did a typo and typed 15 instead of 16 for the build number! They usually get in touch at some point. I pointed them to this topic for more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Colin for solving the problem,

yes I have also a Mac but no Animate Licence on this.

Please can you tell me how can I fix the projector and if I need Animate on Mac for that pease send me the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to go and fly across the country. I'll write something up tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

This is an issue when the app is downloaded using browser on Mac 10.12 or higher due to the Gatekeeper changes that are part of Mac 10.12. This error will not happen if you sign the app and distribute it.

macOS Sierra - Wikipedia

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answers. That´s right, Gatekeeper prevents files from execute. If I use an USB-stick everything is fine.

But if the file was sent by mail, dropboxlink or copied over home network appears the error message.

I don´t want sign an app or distribute it on appstore. I only want send my work for presentations on clients macs.

For what else is the menu item "export as mac projector"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is a different problem. I made the Mac projector using Windows 10, straight onto my Mac drive. No downloading or browsers involved. Also, if it was a security related problem, why would replacing the Flash Player executable fix the issue? If anything I thought doing that would break the package, but it didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines