• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i have fram rate problem with my pc and i dont know what is bottelnecking my pc ?

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my specs :

xeon 2630l 2.0ghz 6 core 15m cache

16gb ecc

quadro k2000

wd green 500gb

even 720p footage still lagging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

There are several problems with your current PC:

1) The base clock speed is too low: Regardless of the number of CPU cores, you can't do much with a CPU that runs at only 2.0 GHz.

2) Your system's GPU is lousy by current standards: The K2000 is based on a lower-clocked version of the old GeForce GTX 650, with even less memory throughput than the GTX 650 – 64 GB/second versus 80 GB/second.

3) Your PC appears to have only a single disk for absolutely everything – and it is not even 7200 RPM hard driv

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several problems with your current PC:

1) The base clock speed is too low: Regardless of the number of CPU cores, you can't do much with a CPU that runs at only 2.0 GHz.

2) Your system's GPU is lousy by current standards: The K2000 is based on a lower-clocked version of the old GeForce GTX 650, with even less memory throughput than the GTX 650 – 64 GB/second versus 80 GB/second.

3) Your PC appears to have only a single disk for absolutely everything – and it is not even 7200 RPM hard drive, let alone a SATA SSD. All WD Green hard drives spin at only 5405 RPM, and the 500 GB model can't sustain even 100 MB/second in sequential read or writes. You will definitely need to add two additional internal disks to your PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are right about cpu and hdd    but this gpu is recommended by adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The trouble with those GPU "recommendations" is that Adobe did not test for performance - but instead compatibility - to begin with.

Second, Adobe could not test every single GPU on the market even for that due to limited hardware testing resources.

Third, Adobe has not updated its list of "recommended" GPUs for quite some time.

Thus, if a newer, faster GPU isn't listed on Adobe's recommended list, it almost always means that Adobe has not yet tested that particular GPU. But it should work and perform well if it meets or exceeds all other hardware requirements (1GB or more VRAM, 384 or more CUDA cores for CC 2017).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines