• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects doesn't launch in my main account

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to launch AE in my main account it doesn't start ... no messages, no errors, nothing!

Every other Adobe app (Photoshop, Illustrator, ...) run correctly.

I've enabled the Administrator account and here I can launch AE without any problem.

Already tried to uninstall and re-install the app.

I'm running WIN10 64bit on a DELL Precision T7610 workstation with 32Gb RAM.

After effects is the last version CC 2017, installed from Creative cloud.

What should I do to run AE in my main account?

Thanks,

Corrado

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under your main account, if you right-click AE and choose "Run As Administrator", does it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn't.

Any other suggestion?

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Permissions are messed up somewhere (in your preferences most likely).

One way to check would be to create a new, non-admin user on your machine and see if it launches AE. If it doesn't permissions are wrong on your user account.

Side note: This is usually a Mac issue; it's not common seeing it on Windows! So...congratulations?

Try going to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\14.2 and setting the permissions for that 14.2 folder (and all containing folders) to be full access. If that doesn't do it, just try moving that folder to your desktop somewhere and launching AE without it present.

Let us know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a new non-admin user and it launches!

The after effects folder has already full acces but one thing I've noted is that it doesn't contains a folder called 14.2 but instead it contains a folder called 14.1

The 2 new users (admin and non-admin) contain the 14.2 folder.

I've tried to move tha 14.1 folder of my main account on the desktop ... it still doesn't launch.

I also tried to copy the 14.2 folder from the admin account to my main account ... no success!!

I really don't understand why the only account where I cannot launch AE is my main account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Corrado,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

For two weeks I had to work in the other account and then suddenly started to work also in my main account.

Apart from launching AE I had problem also with TypeKit (Ididn't see the sync fonts in my main account) but now everything work!

The bad thing is that I don't know why.

Thanks,

Corrado

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simultaneously frustrating and yet great! Glad it's working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines