• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

intel or AMD (and video card) to use with Premiere and After Effects to edit 4k and raw images?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My budget is not the best. Which of these do you recommend to adobe premiere and adobe after effects?

1. intel i7-7700K 4.2GHz or AMD AM4 Ryzen R7-1700 3.7GHZ
or recommend me some other cheaper but with good performance?

2. This video card 11GB Exp. GF-GTX1080TI MSI Armor DDR5 1531MHZ is ok? or recommend me some other cheaper but with good performance?

[moved to hardware forum by mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless AMD has made changes to their basic design, an Intel CPU has hardwired commands in the CPU that are used by Premiere Pro... commands that are not (or at least were not, I don't know about today) present in an AMD CPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

john, the old rule of intel only for adobe is dead. amd's new cpu's received a major redesign and work fine with adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the answer is actually tricky because of hidden costs of intel motherboards. you can get ryzen boards for $60.

use pcpartspicker to compare final price. you should be able to get a new computer for $1100-$1500.

"the Intel Core i7 7800X is a hair cheaper than the AMD Ryzen 7 1700X while being slightly faster for exporting/rendering previews and about 24% faster for warp stabilize. Averaged out, this makes the i7 7800X about 10% faster overall for $10 less."

"X299 motherboards do tend to be around $120 more than the lowest end AMD motherboard which will negate most of this pricing advantage"

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Premiere-Pro-CC-2017-1-2-CPU-Comparison-Skylake-X-Kaby-La...

as for the gfx card,

"The GTX 1080 Ti is about 14% faster than the GTX 1070, 9% faster than the GTX 1080, and about 1% faster than the Titan X"

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Premiere-Pro-CC-2017-GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-11GB-Performance...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines