• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft Surface Laptop good choice for Windows with Adobe CC?

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love some input here... I need to get a new Laptop and am a casual user of Photoshop, Illustrator, and others.  I have my eye on the latest Microsoft Surface Book.. I am attracted to it because the pen functionality seems almost as good as an external drawing tablet (if not better?).  I also love the detachable screen which can be used as a tablet.   However, the price seems a bit much compared to HP or others that seem to have similar specs.

I am a bit confused on if non-Microsoft laptops that are say "Made for Microsoft Ink" (where you purchase a Bamboo Pen separately) provide the same functionality within Adobe apps that the Microsoft Surface Boo (comes with its own pen) provides.   Can anyone comment to help me determine if I should go with the Microsoft Surface Book?

I need to stay with Windows for compatibility reasons; Mac is not an option.

Many thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

it does have a very nice screen and the portable weight makes it easy the travel with but I wouldn't get it. for my needs a Asus Tp500l has the same g-card | chip and I can put a wacom into the same bag for when I want to doodle on trips... the battery will last me twice as long as yours and I can pay $100 to upgrade the drive to something faster (the archies heel for tp is slow hdd) so at the end of the day my tp will not be as light or have the pretty screen but it will keep going and even wit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should probably ask in the individual program forums, since the real life requirements for each program may be different - https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does have a very nice screen and the portable weight makes it easy the travel with but I wouldn't get it. for my needs a Asus Tp500l has the same g-card | chip and I can put a wacom into the same bag for when I want to doodle on trips... the battery will last me twice as long as yours and I can pay $100 to upgrade the drive to something faster (the archies heel for tp is slow hdd) so at the end of the day my tp will not be as light or have the pretty screen but it will keep going and even with the extras still costs less than half.

its your money mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was given a new Surface Pro 4 at work to use as a back up. Didn't like anything about it. If you need to do anything with the pen it seems to me anyways to have a slight gap (perhaps the screen glass depth) between where you think you are drawing/writing and where you are actually drawing/writing. Also if you need to use a keyboard the Surface Keyboard feels like it is made of cardboard and I can't get past the feeling that the keyboard is going to break. Screen is nice as others mentioned but not better than my MacBook Pro. I never use it at all. Feels like a toy.

Having said that, my wife absolutely loves here Surface Pro. But she mostly does Facebook, email and cooking recipes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines