Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing layer opacity in Acrobat XI Pro

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported a layer and selected the initial import opacity level as follows:

View -> Show/Hide -> Navigation Panes -> Layers -> Options box drop-down menu -> Import As Layer -> "select source file" -> Appearance -> Opacity

But after importing I can't find the opacity level slider to fine tune it as needed, nor can i even find a mention of opacity in the Acrobat PDF help.

Also, is it possible to Undo multiple steps?  I couldn't find a preference to customize this.  After Undoing 1 step the option goes away and then I'm stuck with changes i can't revert.

thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Layers in PDF are very different from layers in, say, Photoshop. They are really a tag, which you can use for on/off display. The contents you put in a layer could be made with transparency, but it isn't a property of the layer.

Undo can be stacked but only certain simple things will undo. Save often To many files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layers in PDF are very different from layers in, say, Photoshop. They are really a tag, which you can use for on/off display. The contents you put in a layer could be made with transparency, but it isn't a property of the layer.

Undo can be stacked but only certain simple things will undo. Save often To many files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the info on both.  Most of the edits I've done have not left me with an Undo option, so I will have to save copies often - it's strange this is the way it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The jet thing to remember is that Acrobat is a very basic editor not designed for serious work. It's for emergencies. So you should be looking for an authoring tool to make your PDF. Maybe you could make it in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines