• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom: Map module keeps flashing "map offline"

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started seeing new behavior in the maps module in LR. Every time I zoom or navigate the map or try to link a photo to a location, I get a world map in grey and a message at the bottom 'Map is offline'. Then the map reverts to the regular map.

What has happened and how do I correct. Could you help me please. This is incredibly annoying

Lightroom version: CC 2015.10.1 [ 1117303 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 7

Version: 6.1

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3,4 GHz

Built-in memory: 8147,5 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 8147,5 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 517,8 MB (6,3%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 610,5 MB

GDI objects count: 346

USER objects count: 1099

Process handles count: 1260

Memory cache size: 17,3MB / 1780,8MB (1,0%)

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX

Camera Raw virtual memory: 2MB / 4073MB (0%)

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 382.53

Renderer: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Lightroom CC2015.12/6.12 has been released and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

See Lightroom CC 2015.12 now available

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known issue - Adobe is working on a fix.

Lightroom: Map module keeps flashing "map offline" when it's not | Photoshop Family Customer Communi...

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC2015.12/6.12 has been released and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

See Lightroom CC 2015.12 now available

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for users of lightroom 5.7 - why are we left in the cold WHEN 5.7 map module was working fine!!!!!!!! until recently. Please advise AND do not say upgrade to the lastest version because 5.7 was working fine until now!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have said that I was using Lightroom CC for which the issue is most definitely fixed by the 2015.12 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ricky,

There's definately no change in the current version of Lightroom 5.7.1(Please check that your's is the latest one) that can cause the Map module to stop working. Could you please explain what exactly is the issue?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I am using the latest one - 5.7.1. The problem is what other users have mention with CC/6. This problem also affects 5.7/5.7.1

I am on win 10. The problem seems to be with adobe/google map service, as I have not had this problem before and only noticed it at the time of other users mentioning this. Haven't bothered too much about it before, but upon discovering other users having this problem, I wonder if there was a fix. There seems to be, but only for CC/6 users. Why is 5.7 having the same issue as it is old now. It is not an update issue. Can you advise?

This may affect older versions as well, which would indicate there is a bug at Adobe's end.

Hope you can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ricky336

Nothing has changed on your Lightroom 5.7.1, that's correct - Google has changed the API.

It looks like you need to blame Google for the issue and not to expect Adobe to adapt 'old' software.

Before you ask ... Why does other software still work ... Not every application that accesses Google uses the very same way and API-functions to do this.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe will correct the code to properly interface API with a new release (5.7.x)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe will correct the code to properly interface API with a new release (5.7.x)

As F. McLion explained above, Adobe very likely won't issue a new update of 5.7.   In general, Adobe doesn't issue updates for old major versions.  In this instance, it appears that Google changed something on the server side for their maps API long after the last update  to LR 5, 5.7.1. Adobe updated LR CC 2015 / 6 to accommodate that change, but they almost certainly won't update LR 4 or LR 5.

Your only option to get a working Map module is to upgrade to LR CC 2015 / 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it says on their website, Lightroom 5 is no longer supported. You stuck, as am I - with the flashing map module. Tough luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai le même problème maintenant  avec LR5.7 sous windows 7. Jusque là , le module carte fonctionner très bien. carte hors connexion !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have requested the designated team to assist further.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi franckc,

The offline map issue is fixed in Lightroom CC 2015.12/6.12 version, therefore, you need to upgrade your Lightroom 5 to Lightroom CC 2015/6 version.

Refer the discussion: Lightroom: Map module keeps flashing "map offline" when it's not | Photoshop Family Customer Communi...

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this a very bad policy of Adobe !!!

I don't need version 6.x. I'm happy with 5.7.1 but not with the the error in the map module to create GPS-Data!

I expect a solution for LR 5.7.1 because it worked fine with macOS Sierra until weeks ago.

And as this problem was fixed for 6.x why not for 5.7.1 ??

And also important: will Adobe give out a LR 7 non CC Version ?

If not, I'll go away from Lightroom on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you should blame Google, not Adobe. It was Google that changed something, not Adobe. Nothing has been changed on LR5 for about 2.5 years.

LR5 has been replaced by LR6 more than 2 and a half year ago. The upgrade cost is only about 70$ - compared to the rest of your photo gear - I'm sure you'll have a hard time find a part as low as this, and LR is probably one of the more important steps in your workflow. Every decent memory card has a higher price tag.

Personally, I don't understand all the ranting about this. Blaming the wrong company ... buying gear for hundreds or thousands of dollars and skimp on the low cost for the photo software that IMHO is also a very important - if not more important - part of the workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can read in this thread, Adobe has to maintain the version 6.x too, because Google changed the API for their maps-modul.

From a programmers view, it is not a hard work to bring this maps-modul in line with LR 5.x.

Take a look on Filemaker e.g.: they also use Googles map for addresses etc. It works fine for years although with older Filemaker versions (here release 14, which isn't the actual one) up today.

All your other arguments about costs have nothing to do with this small adaption.

I would upgrade to LR 7, but not to an abo-version, cause I don't need Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm a SW-developer myself ... sure it's probably a small task. However, if a 2.5 years old code builds without issues in a today's environment/compiler ... I'd not guarantee for that, and then it starts to get bad.

I think it's about policy to not maintain older versions as soon as a new release is available.

Why other software still works with Google maps? Probably because they are not using the same API functions ... just a guess.

The next LR version actually is overdue. When it will be release and what the available license models will be ... only Adobe knows and they don't tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW I'm using Lightroom 6.12 (macOS 10.12.6) and the map offline issue still persists. Sure hope it is eventually fixed as I do like the map module and miss the former functionality. It still helps but performance is very erratic and anything but satellite view is essentially nonfunctional at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within the very, very, very short test phase of the actual demo version of LR 6.x the maps model worked fine with macOS 10.12.6 (16G29) on an iMac. But because I can't test LR as a civilian within 3 days I deleted the test version.

And as Adobe will not support engaged hobby photographers with normal updates / upgrades I'll go back to Apple and Fotos-App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao,

Ho la licenza perpetua di Lightroom 5.7.1 su Windows 10. Ho problemi per visualizzare la mappa. Praticamente quando seleziono il modulo di carta solo dopo ripetuti tentativi si può vedere solo le mappe satellitari e non le mappe ibride o stradali e spesso vedo il messaggio "mappa offline". Ho anche attivato Lightroom sul firewall. Ho scoperto che Lightroom versione 6 è disponibile, ma quando controllo attraverso la ricerca di aggiornamenti, mi dice la mia versione è aggiornata (5.7.1). Ho reinstallato tutto ma non più.

Versione Lightroom: 5.7.1 [994254]

Tipo di licenza: Perpetual

Sistema operativo: Windows 8.1 Business Edition

Versione: 6.3 [9600]

Architettura dell'applicazione: x64

Architettura del sistema: x64

Conteggio processore logico: 8

Velocità processore: 3,5 GHz

Memoria integrata: 16281,1 MB

Memoria reale disponibile in Lightroom: 16281,1 MB

Memoria fisica usata Lightroom: 898,0 MB (5,5%)

Memoria virtuale usata Lightroom: 900,7 MB

Dimensione cache memoria: 62,7 MB

Numero di thread massimo utilizzato da Camera Raw: 4

Impostazione DPI del sistema: 96 DPI

Composizione desktop attivata: Sì

Monitor: 1) 1920x1080

Indicatori Config.lua: None

Adattatore n. 1: Fornitore : 8086

Dispositivo : 122

Sottosistema : 844d1043

Revisione : 9

Memoria video : 32

Adattatore n. 2: Fornitore : 1414

Dispositivo : 8c

Sottosistema : 0

Revisione : 0

Memoria video : 0

AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 1024

AudioDeviceName: Altoparlanti (Realtek High Definition Audio)

AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2

Audio dispositivo Sample Rate: 44100

Corporatura: non inizializzata

CardID: 290

Direct2DEnabled: false

GPUDevice: D3D

MaxTexture2DSize: 8192

OGLEnabled: true

Grafica Intel (R) HD 3000: Renderer

ShaderModel: 10.1

Marca: Intel

VendorID: 32902

Versione: 8086: 0122: 844d1043: 0009

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the perpetual license of Lightroom 5.7.1 on Windows 10. I have problems viewing the map. Virtually when I select the paper module only after repeated attempts you can only see satellite maps and not hybrid or road maps and I often see the message "offline map". I also activated Lightroom on the firewall. I found that Lightroom version 6 is available, but when checking through the search for updates, it tells me my version is up to date (5.7.1). I reinstalled everything but no more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR6 is not a free upgrade to LR5 - there are no updates for LR5 since LR6 came out more than 2 years ago. You need to either buy an upgrade to LR6 or subscribe to the Photography plan to get LR CC 2015 and some other stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to switch between road map and satellite is now broken as well.

I'm going to take this opportunity to evaluate the software I use for processing RAW files.  I hope there are non-rental alternatives to Adobe's CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still purchase the non-CC version of LR. Adobe don't make it easy to find, but it's available as an upgrade for about $80 US.

Here's a description of how to order it from Adobe:

Buying Lightroom normally – Lightroom Solutions

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines