• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Urgent, Need help buying a laptop for Premiere Pro CC use

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!  I need a computer to edit videos with Premiere Pro CC. I am starting my profesional career, and I know a desk computer would be better but I cant have one for now. I live in Argentina and I don't have many options...  so I wanted to ask you guys what can you recommend me in terms of CPU and GPU. (I couldn't find any laptop being sell in my country with NVDIA). My options are:

1- HP Pavilion with:

CPU: AMD12

RAM: 8 GB

GPU: AMD R7

1TB

Windows 10

2- Lenovo:

CPU: AMD12

GPU: AMD R16M-M1-30

RAM: 12GB

1TB

Windows 10

3- HP Pavilion 15

CPU: MD Quad-Core A12

GPU: AMD Radeon 530, 4GB

RAM: 16 GB

1 TB

I try to find one with i7 but I only found with i7 - U, and GPU: Intel or AMD R16M-M1-30

Thank you!!!

[Moderator note: moved to appropriate forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

I know a desk computer would be better but I cant have one for now.

Why not?  They're usually cheaper and perform better.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know a desk computer would be better but I cant have one for now.

Why not?  They're usually cheaper and perform better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I travel and move a lot it wouldn't work for me. Please help me find a laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's the deal:

None of the three laptops in your list is suitable for Premiere Pro: If anything, the fastest of AMD's mobile APUs is actually slower and less powerful than even a dual-core Intel i3 CPU in Premiere Pro.

And even if you need portability per se, all laptops will downgrade the maximum operating clock speed severely when they're running on batteries. What's more, in the case of those AMD APUs, the clock speed will fall far below Adobe's minimum performance requirement just to even run Premiere Pro at all! As a result, those laptops must be plugged into a wall outlet just for Premiere Pro to even run properly or at all.

And if any of those laptops have a display resolution that's only 1366 x 768, the Premiere interface might not display properly (for example, critical portions of the interface may become permanently hidden and unrecoverable unless a bigger, higher-rez screen is installed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines