• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shape tool dialogue box

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously when i would select the rectangle shape tool I could click on my document and a box would pop up where I could define the size of the rectangle/square I wanted. This doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Now when I click, a random sized rectangle just appears. When I say random, I mean I didn't chose the size but if I click again the same size rectangle appears again. If I try to click and drag to draw a rectangle, this same rectangle appears and just moves as I drag, rather than enlarging.

Once I have this annoying rectangle I can resize using the free transform tool but it makes the whole thing much more difficult when I need a specific sized shape.

Hoping this is an easy fix as it's really frustrating!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you only click. If you click and Drag you will drag out a rectangle and not get a dialog to size your rectangle shape.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm definitely only clicking. I just provided the info about when I click and drag to help give an idea of the full problem as the click and drag is not working properly either. I've used the click feature loads times before to create specifically sized rectangles so i'm not sure why it's no longer working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting all tools if that does not work try resetting your preferences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why didn't I think of that? Thank you JJMack and c.pfaffenbichler! It seems to have helped a bit. I still don't get the 'create rectangle' box appear when I click but I am now able to use the fixed size option in the 'geometry options' drop down which is saving me a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried setting the Tool to »Unconstrained«?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the tool set to »Unconstrained«?

rectangleToolSettings.jpg

Otherwise w have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines