• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index and bookmarks?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2008 Nov 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to set up an index such that a keyword links not to the begining topic, but to a bookmark in the topic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Jacob

Not only is it possible, it's quite easy!

Just insert the bookmark at the location, save the topic, then insert the reference to the bookmarked spot in your Index.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to Rick's post, if Printed Documentation is important to you, index words linked to bookmarks will not appear in the printed document.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm indexing in RoboHTML for the first time. I have a question regarding your entry that recommends, "Just insert the bookmark at the location, save the topic, then insert the reference to the bookmarked spot in your Index."

My topics are bookmarked automatically. I'm assuming the bookmarks come from the FM markers. When you say "...insert the reference to the bookmarked spot in your Index" How do I do this? Do I physically drag and drop the bookmarks into the index then rename them? Is there a way Robo can pick up my FM Index markers when importing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2009 Feb 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot help you with the index being created automatically but I would have thought that option was somewhere in the process.

Done within RH, in RH's Project Manager if there is a + sign next to the topic, click that and you will see the bookmarks.

When creating the index in RH, enter the Index term and click Add, then you can drag the bookmark to the field in the index pane.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2009 Feb 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason if i export it as any kind of help file, I'll get a missing page error if i go to any bookmark throguh the index other then the first on the page, thoguh ti works fine form the ToC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2010 Aug 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo all,

Using RH8.0.2.208 to create CHM, Windows XP SP3.

When I have an index entry pointing to several topics and I click the index keyword in the CHM I get a popup listing the topics, and can select the one I want. However if the index entries point to bookmarks the popup shows the index keyword.

Here is the Index in RH8

Index_Bookmark_1.png

This is the popup in the CHM

Index_Bookmark_2.png

This is part of the HHK (index) file

Index_Bookmark_3.png

I tried editing the HHK file with Notepad

Index_Bookmark_4.png

but it made no difference at all (no sign of the phrase "Test Text")

Is this a RoboHelp problem, a CHM problem, or an NL_Derek problem?

pebkac_popup1.gif

Hope someone can help,

--- Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2010 Sep 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things I check include the case sensitivity of the bookmark in the index file and whether the index is binary.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

In addition to what Colum offered, note that you really shouldn't have to resort to hand editing the HHK file at all. You should be able to do it right from inside RoboHelp. Just click on the entry in the Topics for area and change the text there in the editor.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp