• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop compresses all files in PSD format

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I need a help. Photoshop compresses all files in PSD format. Text and photos look very rasterized. Until today everything worked well. But after I save the picture, the quality is again good. Quality is bad only when I open a file in Photoshop. I already have reinstalled Photoshop, it doesnt help. Who knows what the problem is? Example in the attached screenshot1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

looks like bad antialiasing. Do you use GPU acceleration? Look into this: Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues . Switch GPU acceleration of for a quick test.

Also: save your file as JPEG (good quality) and look at the JPEG using your OS tools, not Photoshop. Is the picture Ok?

I do not think that it is a Photoshop issue. I suspect a problem with your graphics card or a wrong resolution settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The posted example in PNG, not PSD.

PSD uses a *lossless* compression, that does not affect image quality.

I don’t believe that the problem is with Photoshop.

What is the original document size in pixels, width and depth?

What is the width and depth size in pixels that you are saving to?

What file format are you saving to?

How are you viewing the final images saved from Photoshop?

Please add any other information that may be of help to those interested in trying to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) I know this is not PSD, but its a SCREENSHOT as the photoshop opens psd;

2) It's not about the document, Photshop compresses PSD files with any sizes. But if you're interested in the size of the entire template it is equal to 1920x10 000 pixels. Sizes of screenshot are 1421x904;

3) To save photos, I use PNG, but it does not matter, any format that I save becomes normal (not compressed). PSD files look like compressed only in Photshop;

4) I view the final photos through a standard Windows 10 application (I dont know name, may be Windows 10 Photos?);

5) Photoshop compresses only PSD files, with JPG, PNG and so on everything is normal. But if I try to create a new text in Photoshop, it again looks compressed. After I save and open outside of Photoshop everything is normal again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are good reasons that I ask these questions, so thank you for the answers!

1) I know this is not PSD, but its a SCREENSHOT as the photoshop opens psd;

I don’t believe that this is helpful. Can you provide a dropbox or other file sharing link to the PSD. As this is a screenshot, how do we know that the viewing magnification is not compromising the integrity of the display? Is the screenshot at 100% zoom level, or some odd size zoom? What happens if you do zoom into 100%?

2) It's not about the document, Photshop compresses PSD files with any sizes. But if you're interested in the size of the entire template it is equal to 1920x10 000 pixels. Sizes of screenshot are 1421x904;

Ah, so it would appear that this is not 100% or 1:1, that some sort of onscreen display resize has taken place.

Duplicate your original file, then resize the duplicate using bicubic interpolation down to 1421x904px, you should see better quality. Photoshop screen redraw only uses a “quick and dirty” resize algorithm, unlike a proper resize/resample using a method such as bicbic.

Using the term “compressed” is not helping here, there are both lossy (visually damaging) and lossless (visually non damaging) and PSD format uses lossless compression, which is not the issue here.

3) To save photos, I use PNG, but it does not matter, any format that I save becomes normal (not compressed). PSD files look like compressed only in Photshop;

OK, but what about when viewing the PSD files at 100% magnification?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like bad antialiasing. Do you use GPU acceleration? Look into this: Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues . Switch GPU acceleration of for a quick test.

Also: save your file as JPEG (good quality) and look at the JPEG using your OS tools, not Photoshop. Is the picture Ok?

I do not think that it is a Photoshop issue. I suspect a problem with your graphics card or a wrong resolution settings.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good advice so far, but I wonder if it is a Cache levels issue?  That would give the noisy image affect, but I don't know if that is just a display issue and that  the image would save OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor may be onto something… If this image is just a screenshot, ensure that you are viewing the file in Photoshop at 100% zoom (1:1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSD files look compressed only in Photoshop. I had the GPU turned off. But after your comment, I turned it on and PSD files are again normally displayed. Not perfect of course, but much better. First attached screenshot - with the GPU turned off, second - with the GPU turned on. (These are screenshots of how Photoshop sees files)1.png2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At what display magnification are these screenshots taken at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not see that information on your pictures.

You need to look here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

118% magnification. It's not enough for so compressed a text. You can download the PSD template from here - https://freebiesbug.com/psd-freebies/mogo-free-one-page-psd-template/  I already redownloaded the template, the problem is not in it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, PSD lossless compression has nothing to do with this.

118% magnification.

I don’t understand how a 1920px wide original that has a screenshot generated at 1421px wide ends up having a magnification value of 118%?

The GPU OFF vs. GPU ON screenshots are not at the same magnification, here we can see that the elements are different sizes:

gpu-off-vs-on.jpg

I’ll download the PSD and try to see what is going on…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

118% magnification on smaller images may create your effect. Important are magnification levels of 100% (no magnification) and 200% or 400% for appreciating JPEG compression artefacts an precision works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines