• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use patterns I created?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm making a personal project of mine to uses a pattern. I've created a neat pattern by enclosing it in the Rectangular Marquee tool, defining it, and naming it. However, when I try to use it, it's nowhere to be found. Where is it saved under?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lounge Forum is not for technical help, please provide the name of the program you are using so your message may be moved to the correct program forum... A program would be Photoshop or Dreamweaver or Muse or InDesign or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's for Adobe Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Ps it might be in Pattern Panel. Note: Feather must be set to 0 pixels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you've defined the pattern, using Edit > Define Pattern, and giving it a name, you'll find the pattern showing up in a variety of places.

Under Edit > Fill, if you change the Contents to "Pattern," you'll find your patterns there:

2017-08-21_11-15-16.png

You'll also find patterns in the Layer Style Dialog Box, under "Pattern Overlay:"

2017-08-21_11-17-35.png

Additionally, preset patterns are displayed in pop‑up panels in the options bar for the Paint Bucket, Pattern Stamp, Healing Brush, and Patch tools. You can change how patterns are displayed in the pop‑up panels by choosing a display option from the pop‑up panel menu. You can also manage pattern presets using the preset manager.

See here for more:

Create patterns in Adobe Photoshop

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also Layer > New Fill Layer > Pattern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, could you also help me with this other question? How do you make the drop down box bigger/wider? I can't see the patterns because it's so small and narrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clicking on gear in the upper right of the display of patterns offers the option to click on Large Thumbnail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look under Edit > Presets > Preset Manager [Preset Type = Patterns], you will see all your currently loaded patterns. If you select one or more of them, you can save them as a separate set, in a .PAT file. That will enable you to access your patterns even if you have to reset your preferences for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines