• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import exported svg file(s)

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have issues to import svg file from any exported svg files with XD. The steps I did is open the xd file then export all artboards as svg files. Click New then import the exported files back to XD. I tried all options for svg export without luck. This is the error messages I got:

StressAssess - ErrorToImport.jpg

Any ideal? Thanks in advance,

Jack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Also though, please be aware that "round tripping" XD content to SVG and then back into XD is definitely not lossless -- so for most workflows you should avoid reimporting things this way.  Importing SVG of any sort should always work, so we definitely want to fix the error you're seeing.  But I strongly encourage you to make use of the original XD content directly whenever possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes, sorry about that!  Can you send us a copy of the exported content so we can debug the problem?  (If it not something you can share publicly, please send me a private message with the link and I'll make sure we treat the content as confidential).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also though, please be aware that "round tripping" XD content to SVG and then back into XD is definitely not lossless -- so for most workflows you should avoid reimporting things this way.  Importing SVG of any sort should always work, so we definitely want to fix the error you're seeing.  But I strongly encourage you to make use of the original XD content directly whenever possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter! Private message sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked. This is the version I am using:

Xd Version.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As a workaround, can you please try to open the SVG file in an editor,  copy the content and then paste it into XD? Let us know if it worked. Also, if possible, can you please send me a private message with the path you are importing from (the path where you saved the SVG file)?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anca,

Just had a chance to test the Copy/Paste svg file in text. It worked.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter and Anca, Thanks you all for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can, please still send Anca a private message with the full folder path that the SVG file was in.  We'd like to check whether there was anything about the path, or names of the parent folders, that could have caused XD to reject the file.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

A private message sent to Anca.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The failed import was caused by a timeout. The SVG file had around 50MB and was imported from a shared folder.

Thanks,

Anca.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this particular SVG the timeout occurs because the file is imported from a shared folder and because it contains embedded images. As a workaround you can export the SVG with linked images and import it from your local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also unable to import, copy/paste or drag/drop ANY svg into xd.  Same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here : I can't import any svg in a .xd file (copy-paste / drag and drop / import : same issue).

Very annoying !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found a workaround with Nucleo App (https://nucleoapp.com/ ) ; you can drag and drop any svg directly from this app to XD, it works flawlesssly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines