• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need : modifying PDFs files - Which software should I buy ?

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm in charge of pursating softwares for my company.

I've just have a new query, you'll find here after my coworkers' needs :

- Modifying PDF files created with CS6 softwares like InDesign

- Make sure the licence is made for 3 simultaneaous access but installed on more or less 15 PCs

I'm a bit lost in different existing versions, does anyone as an advice for me ?

Thanks,

regards

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

CS6 is not an application, it's a suite of applications. If you created the file with Illustrator you should edit it there. If you created it using InDesign, edit it here, etc.
PDF files were not really meant for extensive editing, and it should be avoided as much as possible. So if you have the original file used to create the PDF and the application that created that file you should always go back to it and make your edits there.

The only exception is if you want to do things like add form field

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Acrobat, although you shouldn't do it, really. If you have access to the original ID files you should edit them and then generate a new PDF.

- I don't think you can do that. You will need a license for each machine in your company. A volume license might be a good idea.

And I'm moving your question to the Acrobat General Troubleshooting forum, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for answering that fast !!

When you talking about editing file, you mean editing with CS6 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS6 is not an application, it's a suite of applications. If you created the file with Illustrator you should edit it there. If you created it using InDesign, edit it here, etc.
PDF files were not really meant for extensive editing, and it should be avoided as much as possible. So if you have the original file used to create the PDF and the application that created that file you should always go back to it and make your edits there.

The only exception is if you want to do things like add form fields to your PDF file. In which case you should use Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines