• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017 export to Fixed layout Hyperlink Question

Engaged ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a word doc which I needed get into  InDesign so I can export it to a fixed layout in EPub 3.0. My first thought was to take the word doc save as a pdf open in Photoshop and export each page as an image. So after doing this I manually added each image to each .indd page after saving each image as a ,png. The file looks great on an IPad.

Now I need to set up links on a few pages and know how to do with text but since each page is an image how can I hyperlink an area of the image?

??

MD

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign EPUB forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a graphic you can add a button instead. Just give it no properties so it is invisible.

If don't want your type as a graphic, which you don't then import the text into InDesign. Did you try brining it in with the format of InDesign intact. Then you can use your Links panel to add hyperlinks.

When you go to place the doc into Indesign make sure you check "Show Import Options" and then choose "Preserve Styles and Formatting from Text and Tables."

Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 10.36.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 10.36.47 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s not how it works. You need to place the Word file, format it properly in InDesign, add the hyperlinks and then export to fixed layout epub.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines