• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to scale an object from the center in PhotoshopCC

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to scale an object proportionally from the center out by using shift + option. Since the new version of Photoshop came out, those quick keys have changed and will now distort the object. I can only scale the object proportionally by using shift, but if the object is large, I have to keep moving it as I scale it, rather than keeping it centered in one place. Are there new quick keys I can use to do this? It was very handy!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Are you using a Wacom tablet? There was a thread about this issue several weeks ago: Scaling from center anchor point???

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am unaware of a change. Shift+Opt is still listed as the shortcut for constrain and transform from centre.  I use Windows 10 and the equivalent Shift+Alt still works here on CC2017.1.1

What version of Photoshop are you using and what operating system?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a brand-new Macbook Pro with Sierra. And yes, I do use a Wacom tablet but I usually scale things with my mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I don't think it was use of the pen to scale, rather the hijacking of the Opt key by the driver

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting...I do have an older Wacom tablet, but I'm okay with using the mouse for this function anyway. I usually go back and forth between the mouse and pen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Wacom tablet? There was a thread about this issue several weeks ago: Scaling from center anchor point???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Semaphoric - I'd forgotten about that thread

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Semaphoric--you're a genius!! I just realized I WAS scaling from my Wacom tablet and that's when the shift + option distorted the text. But when I used my mouse, it works fine. In both Illustrator and Photoshop. Thanks so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines