• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidentally save (instead of "save as") then closed, need to revert PLEASE!!!:(

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally saved (instead of "save as") and closed my beautiful project after resizing (was down-sizing for mobile)...now it is barely a fraction of the size it needs to be; is there ANY way to get my full sized project back??? PLEASE HELP! I hope there's a way! THANK YOU!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ryanb52130005  wrote

is there ANY way to get my full sized project back?

no

unless have you got backups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lounge Forum is not for technical help, please provide the name of the program you are using so your message may be moved to the correct program forum... A program would be Photoshop or Dreamweaver or Muse or Premiere Pro or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software won't make a lick of difference if the file was saved over.

I'm afraid that's universal. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, at least some Adobe software has an autosave feature that MAY mean an earlier version of the project MIGHT be in the autosave folder... knowing the name of the program will allow moving this question to the forum for that specific program, where other users may be able to help with autosave information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Auto recovery works when the program quits unexpectedly like during a power outage.  It does a good job of restoring, as an example, a Photoshop PSD you were working on at the time.  But it can't bring back an original state if it was already saved over.   I honestly can't think of any app that keeps redundant backups unless the OP was using cloud storage with versioning -- Github, Dropbox, etc... or a real-time backup system like Backblaze. 

I sympathize because we've all done this.  It's a sick feeling when you realize you've lost hours or days of work to carelessness.  On the bright side though, it's a valuable reminder that backups are essential.  And I bet the OP won't do it again.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you save it locally (on your machine) or to your Creative Cloud files? If you did save it to the Creative Cloud, it will keep a version history for 10 days that you can use to revert Versioning FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines