Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stack multi state objects - slideshows

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

This is all new to me, so I could really use your expertise help!

I am doing my first interactive presentation for my company and Adobe is really giving me a chance to make it look professional, clean and easy to communicate our business. I've downloaded a great template which has really made me understand how to build up an interactive document but there is still lot to learn.

This is what I need help with:

I want to stack several slideshows on top of each other - each one linked to a specific photo that reveals information about our destinations on a map.  I've built the map with bulls-eyes that marks the destinations. On click they will show a small photo with the name of the destination which you could click on to get a pop up text-block (button linked via animation to the photo) with information about the destination. When I roll of the photo it disappears and I can move on to the next bulls-eye and click to get information about that destination and so on.  The text is stacked on top of each other and works like a charm (I use show/hide for every photo) but the slideshows... I just don't get it!

How do I make multi state objects visible for only one destination and then hiding it when clicking on the next destination? The state which is furthest down in layers wont show... What I'm missing?

Thank you in advance

BR

Maria Warg

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some screenshots of what you're trying to accomplish might help, but why use multiple MSOs? Just combine it all into a single MSO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob!

Thank's for helping!

I haven't found information about the difference between, or how to use, multiple and single MSO anywhere, so if you have a great article please give me the URL. I have tried the alt-new but it doesn't look right or is it just me not knowing how to use it?  There should be three images but when I mark these and alt-click to keep the objects in the same state it becomes as shown below (don't mind the Trysil-pictures it's just so I easily can see the difference between two slideshows while working out how to):

Alt-new_state.png

This is what I've been working on. Our destinations with information and how I would like for it to come out and how it looks like in reality:

Anticipated_slideshow.png

Thank's for your quick reply!

BR Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have EVERYTHING including any text in each state. If you want to hide it altogether then add an empty state.

I have a Lynda.com course on MSOs. https://www.lynda.com/InDesign-tutorials/Developing-Multistate-Objects-InDesign/197346-2.html

If you don’t have a subscription you can get a 30-day trial: www.lynda.com/trial/boblevine<http://www.lynda.com/trial/boblevine>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob!

I've started the free trial and watched the tutorial. Good one but I still feel its too complicated. Must there not be a simpler way of doing this?  I just want to have a pop-up slideshow when I click the photo for a specific destination, as shown in previous conversation. Remember this new to me, but my intuition tells me this is just to intricate and not straightforward way of getting to my vision of our presentation...

Also I would just like to point out that in your "solution.indd" file the video appears underneath the "Top 5" slideshow when I run the preview ... and I can't figure out how that works, since the video doesn't show in the layer panel and I imagine it being underneath the slideshow in layerorder to show up like that? Do you know why?

BR

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forget about that last question, I solved it! It was the text frame that was connected to the video that laid underneath the "Top 5". Got it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non active states will not be displayed in the layers panel. As for a more straightforward way of doing things, I've given it to you.

Put it all in one MSO. You're making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will probably work things out differently or I'll go beyond the level of irritation. Thanks anyway!

Lots of good and interesting tutorials on Lynda though, I'll keep watching!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines