• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing the TOC

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2008 Nov 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know of any reported defects with the table of contents in Robohelp 7.02?

If not, myself and two others in my group are having problems when we expand the Table of Contents in the Project manager and select the default TOC. When we choose Properties from the Edit menu, Robohelp crashes.

Any workarounds?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all projects or just one?

Nothing I have seen reported.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were able to replicate the problem in 3 different Robohelp html projects on 2 different computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The point Peter was trying to make was whether ALL projects have the same problem. If it is just some of them, this has a different cause. What happens if you open one of the supplied demo projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the sample as Colum suggests. If that does not have the problem, then I would be thinking your projects are under source control and that is involved.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please direct me on where to find a supplied demp project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, found them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just opened the Clownfish demo and when I followed the same steps, Robohelp crashed on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Katrina

I just tried this on my PC and it crashed RoboHelp as well.

Out of curiosity, what about the TOC are you trying to see by choosing Edit > Properties? I've been using RoboHelp almost since before God was a child and I have to admit that in all that time, I've never once tried clicking Edit > Properties for the TOC.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

weird - it's behaving just fine for me.

ah - wait. Here's the thing. If you have selected the name of the TOC and go to Edit / Properties, yes, it does crash.
But if you are on a TOC item - chapter title, for example, it doesn't.

Gotta go re-open my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Katrina and others

This should really be reported to Adobe as a bug.

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

I would still like to know why that approach is being used though.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can definitely see the need to review the properties for TOC items - the Properties window for chapter titles tells you which topic is linked to the title, if there is one - or you can set up a link.

So just make sure your cursor is on a TOC item, rather than on the TOC entry itself in the Manager pane, before you try to review Properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laurin

Editing the properties of individual TOC items I understand. Where my disconnect is occurring is what would be gained by trying to view the properties of the TOC as a whole. Which seems to be why it crashes RoboHelp. I can't think of a reason to try and view properties of the TOC as a whole.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll bet you a cookie that BGSUgal79 - the originator of the thread, really only wanted to review the properties of the chapters, and was just in the wrong place to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, and I'd bet you are spot on. But the good news is that it revealed a bug we had no clue existed!

(in my best Cookie Monster voice) Mmmmm, cookie. ME LIKE COOKIE!

Snickerdoodle, Snickerdoodle, Chocolate Chip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Project Manager, right click the TOC and select Edit. TOC pod opens. Right click book and select Properties. Is that not where you want to be. It seems the problem is how you get there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2008 Nov 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Glad that I can be of help! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp