• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tab interface will not allow tabs to be moved or reordered

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC daily and frequently have multiple documents open at the same time.  I open several docs at once and then use the tab interface to move the tabs into the order I need them in to accomplish my tasks.

During an online session with my IT department they uninstalled Reader DC reloaded it from the website.  After the re-installation the program will open the multiple windows with tabs, but I can no longer move or reorder the tabs.  It advised this might be a new version and that function was disabled.  I checked the version numbers before and after the IT session as they are the same.

Is there an setting that can be changed to allow the tabs to be reordered with multiple windows open?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most recent version that is available on the adobe website.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (17.012.20093)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. This is one of the bugs in this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood.  Any indication on when/if there will be a correction to the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do the same thing, up to 8 docs opened and rearrange in the order, supper helpful. Hope this gets fixed soon!! Hope it's just a bug and not a permanent change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still is not fixed in the latest update. This is super aggravating as I do a lot of work with pdf's everyday for work and cannot organize my tabs anymore, nor can I take a tab from a different window and add it to another anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now working in Adobe Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from version 2017.012.20093 to version 2017.012.20095 and I can confirm that the issue is still there.

I uninstalled and also reinstalled, then updated to the newest version and that did not fix it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that problem. Just a few minutes ago I had to restart my PC because the Reader crashed after an update - which btw was very annoying as I wasn't able to save some work I had done in the meantime (saving actually brought the trouble) - and after installing updates I encountered that issue. As I am restarting only every 40-50 days I had to do multiple updates of Acrobat Reader at the same time. I can definitely confirm therefor that this issue has been within the last two versions. I hope it can be fixed soon as I am also currently using multiple, i.e. up to 20 pdfs at the same time and I have to arrange them the way it fits the best in every specific situation. Pretty irritating as you cannot even move them from one screen to another without detaching them in a single window. To get the wished arrangement you have to reopen them in the correct order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to mention that once you pull a specific tab from your main Adobe Reader window to do, lets say some split screen work between two pdf's or whatever it may be, you will never be able to put that tab back into your main window without closing it and reopening the document and then, again, the documents are sorted in whatever order they were opened. Very aggravating today at work for me as I presume it has been for you as well Michael.

I hope they fix this issue in a timely manor. It was broke in 20093 and still broke in 20095 (which I feel should have addressed and fixed this issue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are totally correct. Very unfortunate imo. The only reason why I don't restart my computer more often is to not to have to reopen all pdfs in the correct order, to find the correct pages and to gather my last remarks. That would also be a nice feature to add in the future - session saving. But now it is becoming even more complicated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re session saving: I've developed a tool that allows you to do it in Acrobat/Reader. You can find it here: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat/Reader -- Save and Load Sessions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice! Good to know! Will give it a try as soon as this issue here is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else tried this script to save sessions? This would be a great feature to have but looking for independent input. Tx

P.S. - The workaround for tab reorder worked on my Win10 Pro, but annoying as I also use Adobe on a Win7 Pro machine too. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me, already tested it some days ago. Unfortunately I am receiving an error when trying to open a saved session: Error while opening the requested document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tx...but michaeld93087750​ doesn't agree. I checked out the thread on Stackoverflow....seems there are two options. Not being an aficionado of Javascript, what if any negative effects of using a script in Adobe?  😉 just being appropriately paranoid here. I'd like to try it 'cause I am surprised Adobe does not have the ability to save at least the last session like Chrome, etc....or is that something they reserve for paid Adobe software?...which I would love but it's way too expensive, and now with the subscription only model I would not add yet another regular payment to my budget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can assure you that my script works well for all of the customers who purchased it. Did you try the free demo version?

And no, the paid-for Acrobat doesn't have this feature, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't made clear before it was a commercial item, which it should have been. No point in trying a demo version cause I don't need it enough to pay for it. Tx anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problems. So annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the update since posting earlier as well and problem is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue.... Please someone fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines