• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Tool Cursor Size

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem that no matter what preference options I choose, (normal or full size), and with 100% hardness selected I cannot get the painted area to match the size of the cursor I am using and typically its about 50% of the diameter I have set the brush size to. Did try resetting brush tool but no change. Very annoying, any ideas please? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

What are your System Preferences > Accessibility > Display settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to recall that both on Mac and Windows there could be OS-side reasons for cursors displaying incorrectly.

Do you have any OS plugins installed that might be involved?

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried resetting the brush tool. I also have created a new photoshop preferences file by moving old one out and restarting PS. I do use a Wacom tablet but checked the opacity and flow settings and don't think this is the problem. When using a mouse with the tablet removed the same problem occurs. I have a mac and both the OS 10.12.6 and photoshop cc 2017 are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your System Preferences > Accessibility > Display settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, my cursor size was set to between normal and large, put it back to normal and Volila!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, but now I have a tiny cursor that is more difficult to find and use on a 5K iMac.  I just want the brush diameter to be accurate in PS without having to make a system prefs change like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, phew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using a drawing tablet like a Wacom, this will be determined y how hard you press.

If not, this could be the type of brush.

Try a standard brush with 100% hardness. Click and Shift+ click in a different location to test.

you should get a straight line between the two points

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just bumped into this issue today and [ removed by moderator ] ?

Does Adobe seriously have a cursor dependency based on a system pref? How is this in any way acceptable? Does any other application behave this way or are we just blessed here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines