• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPS METADATE

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated Lightroom CC to 2015.9 on iMac with OS 10.12.4 and now I am going to import the new photos but any photo include the GPS Metadata included but I can see them on my Canon. What can I do? Is it a bug of the new version?

Is there anyone with the same problem? Is it possible to resolve or we have to wait for a new release?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

To test my understanding: Your camera is recording GPS location in photos but it's not showing up in LR.  Some troubleshooting steps:

1. Does the location appear in the GPS field of the Library's Metadata panel, as shown here:

If it does appear, then describe in more detail what your issue is.

2. If it doesn't appear in the Metadata panel, then in the Import window, make sure that Apply During Import > Metadata is set to None, and then import a fresh photo never before imported into LR:

3. If that d

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To test my understanding: Your camera is recording GPS location in photos but it's not showing up in LR.  Some troubleshooting steps:

1. Does the location appear in the GPS field of the Library's Metadata panel, as shown here:

If it does appear, then describe in more detail what your issue is.

2. If it doesn't appear in the Metadata panel, then in the Import window, make sure that Apply During Import > Metadata is set to None, and then import a fresh photo never before imported into LR:

3. If that doesn't help, upload a fresh photo right from the camera to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here.  We can verify that it has GPS location that LR can properly import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am facing an issue on similar lines... I can see GPS metadata in LR but after export, GPS data is not present in the exported JPEG.

I already ensured to tick off 'Remove Location Off' and 'include all metadata' on the export option. Above settings are already ensured to be in place but still GPS metadata is not exported to JPEGS.

Please help and let me know if you need any other details on this.

Thanks,

Amit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my reply to your other post: Re: GPS data are not exported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been helpful in part, however how do I set other metadata like copyright, name, email address etc as a preset with out it deleting the GPS coordinates?   LR used to allow the preset on import to set copyright, name, email address etc and retain the camera GPS metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I set other metadata like copyright, name, email address etc as a preset with out it deleting the GPS coordinates?   LR used to allow the preset on import to set copyright, name, email address etc and retain the camera GPS metadata.

Edit the import metadata preset and make sure these three checkboxes are unchecked:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect, thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines