• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat is running very slow.

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Acrobat DC so Slooooooow? That wheel just keeps spinning.

I just installed it today on the latest and greatest iMac....WTFlip?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ctctc,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query.

As mentioned the application is running slowly or performance is very slow. Then you must try resetting the preferences of the application which generally helps in improving its performance.

Refer to the forum thread where how to reset the preferences steps are shared fro old version, which is similar for the current version too.

How to reset Preference settings in Acrobat.

If it still doesn't work, then you may share the exact version of the Acrobat and OS you are working on.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akanchha, I followed your link to the "how to reset preference settings in Acrobat" document, but my Computer doesn't have any of those files that the document lists for deletion... So my Acrobat preferences have not been reset. But what is the likelihood of that being the problem anyway? I installed the software from a fresh download and hadn't made any preference changes... shouldn't they already be set to their defaults!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are on a Mac, so you need to follow the section about Mac OS. On a Mac (the same is true on Windows), some files or folders are hidden. Unfortunately, one of the folders you need to navigate to is one of these. To get around this, open up a Finder window, then hold down the Option key and select Finder's "Go" menu. You should now see a "Library" entry in the menu (which will disappear when you let go of the Option key, and will re-appear when you press the Option key again). Select "Library" from the menu. This will get you to the "Library" element of the path that the article lists for Mac OS, so you can now navigate to e.g. Preferences and find the file com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist - keep in mind that depending on your version of Acrobat, the file may use a slightly different name (as indicated in the instructions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Karl Heinz Kremer, but I did follow the Mac section of that document, and I did find the hidden Users/[Username]/Library/Preferences folder but none of those files were on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, that explains it. The original instructions were for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. For Reader, look for the file com.adobe.Reader.plist - there should not be a folder that you have to remove (but I'll let Akki_24  be the final voice on that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines