• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects -- How do I mirror my composition?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I am working on a composition with motion graphic titles. I created a title that came from the left side to right. After submitting my project, my boss asked me to flip it to come from the right side to left. The issue is, this is pre-made motion graphic, where all of it's effects, shapes, everything is made to come from it's original left to right motion. I tried the whole distort - transform - scale - -100degrees, but that just flipped it over and messed up the characters of the words to read backwards. Then I manually flipped over the words, but soon after, I realized that the rest of the stuff was out of place bc it isn't supposed to be going right to left. Basically, I am desperate for some help. Is there an easy way to flip this? Do I need to be looking at rearranging key frames or something?

HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stellaritzbritt  wrote

... Is there an easy way to flip this?

Almost certainly not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us the project, the setup, some screenshots, the export you already did. This could be many things..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stellaritzbritt  wrote

...this is pre-made motion graphic, where all of it's effects, shapes, everything is made to come from it's original left to right motion.

If by this you mean that it's a video file, you are stuck.  Sorry.

If you mean something else, like you're using a template, please go into detail.  And yes, screen shots do help.  Don't skimp -- show the entire user interface revealing any properties you've keyframed or modified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might work. Precomp your entire composition. Then scale the width to -100% (width only). Then go into your precomp and do the same for all the text layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi stellaritzbritt,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines