• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sudden issues: RAM preview slow, audio echoing

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've been using AE for years now and starting probably about a week ago my RAM preview started rendering really slowly, like 20 seconds for 5 seconds of footage. Nothing has changed since then, I have 14 GB of RAM allocated to AE alone and I have no other programs open besides Chrome. Even if I let it render, after a few seconds of playing the audio starts echoing like I have multiple of the same video being rendered at once but a millisecond off from each other. I should also note that the source file of the footage doesn't echo at all.

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated info:

RAM rendering slowly was from rendering a 1080 video instead of 720.

The real issue is the audio echoing during RAM preview, it doesn't happen in any previous videos. Making a new composition doesn't help, but the source video has no echoing and the rendered video also has no echoing -- it's just in the RAM preview. I can work around it for the most part but it's really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we see screenshots of your audio hardware preferences?

Also, what, exact, version number of AE is it?

What happens if you reboot, open After Effects ONLY, and try to do the preview? (Chrome has gotten very bloated lately and has been known to cause odd issues sometimes if it's open.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi AE Hates Me,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines