Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera raw problem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a Nikon D7100 and i have problems importing raw footage inside photoshop. Everything is up to date and the version I'm running for the raw plugin are above the minimum requirement for footage to be important. Not sure what i need to do here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

In the past it has been mentioned that Nikon’s software can damage RAW files when transferring – how did you transfer the files to your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mention the 'RAW' plug-in, and use the word footage, but they are not relevant to each other.   If you mean video when you say footage, then what format does your D7100 produce?  If you are talking about RAW NEF still image files, then you need Camera RAW 7.4 or later, as outlined on this page

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

If you can clarify that for us, and also tell us:

What Photoshop version you are using?

What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, I'm a video editor by nature and my English isn't as good as I'd like it to be.

I'm talking about RAW NEF still image files.

I have Camera RAW plugin version 8.0.0.137 and yet while i try to import the NEF file Photoshop tells me it can't open the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that's puzzling.  You are definitely talking about the D7100 that was released in 2013

Nikon D7100 In-Depth Review: Digital Photography Review

Have you tried a number of NEF files, including ones that have opened OK in the past?

Are you opening from Bridge, Lightroom, or File Explorer or the Finder?

Have you previously opened the files in the Nikon software?

Can you see a preview of the file in Bridge?

If it is a particular file, what is its size on the drive?  (in mb)

Did you get your ACR version via the Help menu?

If yes, then you are still not up to date.  Why are you using CC2015?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also using Photoshop CC 2015 on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past it has been mentioned that Nikon’s software can damage RAW files when transferring – how did you transfer the files to your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So luckily I resolved the issue myself. It was, like you stated in your last response, an issue with Nikon's software. I used the software to import the files onto my pc and apparantly the files got damaged. I imported the files again but this time using File Explorer and the issue was resolved.

In the past apparantly I've been lucky that this problem hasn't occurred to me.

Many thanks for the great response and quick reaction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines