• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-Activating License for CS3 Error

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old Macbook (7 years old) and just bought a new Macbook. I transferred my data and software from my old Macbook to my new one. I have CS3 and when I try to open a pdf on Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional, I get the below dialog box.

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 6.13.26 PM.png

When I open Adobe Photoshop, I get the below dialog box asking me to re-activate.

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 6.16.13 PM.png

When I click "Re-Activate" I get the following dialog box,

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 6.16.50 PM.png

When I select "OK" nothing happens and I continue getting the same activation problem message that I don't have internet connection. I do have internet connection, but it doesn't seem to work through the Adobe Activation. I tried calling but when I called the activation number provided, the message informed me that they no longer do activations over the phone. When I go on the website, there is not a phone number easily accessible to call for help. After searching around the website for a long time, I called and spoke to someone who said that I have to wait on the live chat. I told her that I have done that twice already, but the wait each time was over 45 minutes and I never reached first position in the wait line. It's been frustrating.

Can you help me resolve this issue?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed all these steps (unistalled CS3, then downloaded the new CS3). After downloading CS3, when I open Photoshop, it takes me to the same Re-activation window from before.

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 11.44.14 AM.png

There is no option for me to enter my new serial number and when I click Re-Activate, it goes back to the "Activation-No Connection" message. I don't think I skipped a step, but I don't know where to go from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paulop,

try67 has already provided you with a solution to this issue in his first response: Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8  beside the installer you have to generate a new serial number for the suite and Acrobat Obtain a new serial number | CS3, CS4   and that will work with the new installer

Please follow all the steps carefully from the link mentioned above and let us know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines