• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download library books to Adobe Digital Editions 4.5

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have previously successfully used ADE to download books from my local library to my Kobo e-reader via my Windows PC running 8.1.

I have reinstalled ADE 4.5 several times and still unable to download to ADE.

My library have checked their end and referred me to Adobe. Several times the ADE programme just seems to freeze and I need to restart my PC to close ADE.

Any suggestions please?

Trish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try if work with older version?

http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but have just tried both previous versions of ADE and whilst my Kobo is recognised the book is not transferring from the Library to ADE.

Still hoping for a solution

Trish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right Click on the Digital Edition and run as Admin. Then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi apologies for delay replying but this is still not working.

I have checked that my Kobo Glo is authorised for ADE as is my Windows8.1 PC.

When I transfer a book from the Public Library I am with it appears in ADE as do my Kobo but ADE just freezes and am unable to do anything. I have to shut down and restart my PC before ADE will close.

I then uninstall ADE and download again but to no avail.

Help please.

Trish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Kobo Touch using Windows 10 and I'm having exactly the same problems.  I've got the book in my laptop - not so portable for my upcoming holidays,  but I want it on my Kobo reader.  It isn't even allowing me to authorize my device, according to the Adobe website the laptop and reader need the same authorization code.  As it was my husband's unused Kobo I removed his authorization in order to be able to match that device to my laptop.  My Adobe acknowledges it's presence but not allowing the anything at the authorization gears to work [grey out]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry to hear it's just not me. My problem started after I was forced to upgrade to Windows 10. Nothing worked after that so reverted to Windows 8.1. Virtually back to a working computer apart from this issue with downloading to ADE (which works sometimes ) but never able to drag to my Kobo which does show. ADE just seems to freeze and nothing on it works. Like

I have now resorted to writing to my Library to see if it is possible to uninstall  you have so far been able to download books to a tablet but as you say no where near as portable.

Disappointed Adobe appear to have no technical support for this product just leaving it to users to try and sort out.

Trying my Library now to see if I can leave their system (Oneclickdigital) and re-join without losing the book I have out or my membership. My thought process is whether my upgrade to Windows 10(which didn't work) & then rollback to Windows 8.1 has somehow confused the system.

Has anyone tried this?

Trish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues.  It makes me feel a bit better that it isn't just ME, but nonetheless I still can't get books moved from my PC to my Kobo e-reader.  I have successfully used ADE with previous Kobos .  I have de-authorized and re-authorized my ADE account but I don't know how to authorize my e-reader.  HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies not sure if resolved yet but I found the kobo.com/help sit very usefull and when still struggling to authorise my Kobo used their Live Chat process which was excellent. Enabled me to authorise my Kobo but my original problem remains.

Trish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the problem is that ADE is not compatible with Windows 10. When running the troubleshooter it shows Windows compatibility mode: Windows 8. Is that something I can fix myself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines