• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New User - Guide / Tutorial

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a single tutorial or guide anywhere that goes over the layout of the application and how each part works?  Every tutorial seems to be about character rigging / character moving / etc.  If you are totally new to Character Animator and have NEVER used After Effects  / Photoshop, etc how could one learn how to navigate in Character Animator?

PLEASE.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the best place to start if you're a complete beginner:

This video is a little older but it does a decent job of doing a tour through some of the main parts: Character Animator Tips & Tricks (December 2016) - YouTube

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also need the basics of After Effects. I'd start here for that: Basic AE

If you time is worth anything you should also invest in a couple of months at Lynda.com. It will be money well spent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me why you would recommend I need the basics of After Effects?  Character Animator is a totally separate app on my CC.  And do you think the single tutorial on lynda.com actually goes over the layout and how each part works?   It dives in as though you already know how to fully use Character Animator - the layout / the strange filing system each time you open something / how to get rid of a project if you don't want it or if you change your mind.  It seems actually impossible .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best tutorials IMHO are by the lovely Dave W. here's a link to his great tutorials; Okay Samurai - YouTube

although its it's not essential to know After Effects it would certainly be reccommended for compositing and adding Effects to the final animation.

hope this helps,

Angie Taylor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much for your response - I'm grateful for your attempts to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines