• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image folders in PM view

Participant ,
Nov 05, 2008 Nov 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp creates a physical folder for images. Why doesn’t it prompt you for the name of the folder before creating it? Why can’t you see the physical folder in the Project Manager view? How can you tell if and where an image is used in the project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Huh? RoboHelp doesn't create any physical folder for images. Instead, all images are simply dropped into the root level of the project folder unless you choose otherwise. What you see in the Project Manager is RoboHelp's view of images it knows about.

Have you tried clicking Tools > Reports > Images?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't know (remember?) about that report, couldn't find it in Help file! All of my projects have a sub-folder (with the same as the project) where all the images are kept seperate from the rest of the HTM topic page files...

For example:

Product User Guide
--!Language!
--!SkinSubFolder!
--Product User Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you right-click on an image in the project view (RH6. Not sure of naming in RH7) and select Properties, then the Used In tab, you can see which topics an image displays in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2008 Nov 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't see it in Image propertiers in RH 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No? When I created a new project just now, with a physical Images folder copied from another HTML Help project. On the Project Manager pane (pod), I right-clicked Project Files and created a new folder, Images. RoboHelp began a scan and put all of the images in Images in the Project Manager pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

Okay, please list the steps you followed. You said you created a new project. Fair enough. So are we to assume after you created the project, you then copied the Images folder? Because immediately after you create a project, I never see an Images folder. I never have. There is an Images Pseudo folder listed in the Project Manager pod, but that's not what we are talking about here. You are referring to a physical folder. At least, that's how I'm reading it.

Or are you creating a project by importing content from elsewhere? If so, that could explain things.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp