Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Characters

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team!

Is it possible to incorporate 3 different characters into one live broadcast? Is there a suggested software or platform that allows this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried it myself so I can't be 100% sure, but my understanding is that's exactly what the new NDI support allows with a program like Wirecast. If you had  multiple computers and could somehow hook them up together via ethernet, if one was running Wirecast it could see multiple CH sources show up, allowing you to arrange and simultaneously stream them.

I talk a little about this in the Mercury Transmit section of New Features - April 2017 (Adobe Character Animator CC Beta) - YouTube . We're also hoping to do a larger team livestream doing this soon as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the BEST!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This is now possible using NewTek's NDI technology. NDI allows you to send video over a network ethernet cable. For each character, you would run CH on its own computer. These computers would be connected together on a LAN or switch. One of these machines would need to be running NDI compatible software. Applications like Wirecast, vMix, and OBS Studio have ways of taking an NDI input.

If you're interested in this workflow, feel free to contact me directly at dramirez|at|adobe.com. It's a really cutting edge workflow and I'm happy to support you getting up and running.

Dan Ramirez

CH QA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody

I installed NewTek NDI tools for adobe creative cloud but in adobe after effects cc 2017 and character animation I am not getting NDI as output in Preferences-> Live .

Please Help

Prachetas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Mac or Windows?

If Windows, I think there was an issue with the version they posted online, so it might be worth downloading again.

Windows: NewTek NDI Tools
Mac: NewTek NDI Tools
Mac Tools from Sienna: NewTek NDI Tools 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dan, following up on this idea, I have four characters that I animate in Adobe Animate (and also do the voices of) and am now using Character Animator for them too. Two of the characters are birds and often sit on the head of another character, a hippo. I also normally pitch the birds voices to make them higher too. Perhaps this is far off, but I wonder if Character Animator 2.0 could allow multiple characters through one psd and to be controlled by triggers? Because some characters sit on another, I don't know how I could use separate computers for them since movement needs to be completely coordinated. Do you think this could be possible in a next update? It would also be great if a voice pitching add-on existed to enhance characters' voices too.

Thanks so much and I know I'm asking a lot!

Denis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on windows.

I could see C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2017\Support Files\Plug-ins\NewTek_NDI_AfterEffects.aex

but it is not showing up in the application. Meanwhile will try downloading again and reinstalling .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your Adobe apps installed on your C:\ drive, or a different drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

prachetass67441706  wrote

I installed NewTek NDI tools for adobe creative cloud but in adobe after effects cc 2017 and character animation I am not getting NDI as output in Preferences-> Live .

Please Help

I'm having the exact same issue. I have After Effects, Character Animator, and Media encoder all installed on C: of a Windows 10 (build 1607) laptop. NDI output just doesn't show up in either the character animator live output settings, nor in AE's Video Preview settings, despite the plug-in having been installed into the plug-ins folder.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the Adobe apps as well as the NDI tools (which I re-downloaded). I've had no issues on another Windows 10 machine we have set up, just this one. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some previous threads that hopefully will help?

NDI doesn't show up in Character animator.

Streaming audio from Character Animator to Wirecast/NDI

That first one in particular I've heard a few times - needing to move where NDI installs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines