Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACROBAT XI PRO error 16 problem

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I tried to install the Acrobat XI pro. But after installation when i tried to run the application it gave me an error that there is problem with the configuration and i should uninstall and then reinstall the application. I have tried that atleast 4 times but didnt work. I tried downloading the new setup and then tried again and it still didnt work. Help needed.

thanks

Tas

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Try this cleaner tool: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Then try re-installing XI.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Acrobat Installation & Update issues forum.  Which operating system are you using?  Was Acrobat XI Professional previously installed and then you removed it?  If so what prompted you to remove and reinstall Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit operating system. Previously Acrobat 9 extended pro was installed so I decided to switch to the new version and try it with trial so when I installed Acrobat XI pro my old version was uninstalled automatically and then new installation started giving me problems.

I have reinstalled my old product since it is working great. I dont know what is the problem with new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this cleaner tool: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Then try re-installing XI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks it worked.. I have another question how can i bring the snap shot tool to the tool bar again as it is in the edit menu bar...but it was kindda easy before with this tool in the tool bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

I had the same issues with Error 16 and have tried the arcobatcleaner too still getting Mr 16...

by the way im using Windows 8 and had Acrobat Reader installed previously but have remove everything since...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are also getting this error when attempting to install a trial of Adobe Acrobat XI Pro. I have tried the suggestions with regards to permissions and folder ownership before and after having to uninstall, use the cleaner and trying again.

Is there anything else we can try to resolve this?

This is on a Windows 7 Pro x64 domain joined PC where the user is a local admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2014 Aug 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

I have this problem with my macbook with OS Maverick...

what can I do ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am having this problem; I have Adobe Acrobat Pro XI on Windows 7 SP1 (up-to-date).  I have uninstalled, used the Acrobat install post-uninstall cleaner, searched the registry for leftover keys and removed them...and STILL, Error 16!.  I even tried the solution at "Creative Suite Help / Configuration error 16 | CC, CS" (Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite), all to no avail.  I once DID work, for many months, then I removed it at the end of a project, and then used the Adobe-provided "post-uninstall clean up tool" mentioned elsewhere.  Now, I can not use Acrobat Pro XI at all, because Error 16 persists.

Is there any comprehensive solution to this nagging problem that's been going on for a couple of years, now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT the answer.

Software still does not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem with 2 random users, both on 32 bit Windows 7 machines. We've tried all the cleaners, uninstalls, regedits, permissions/security changes, even removing and re adding user profiles doesn't work.

Program will work with local admin account signed on, or in "run as administrator" on the domain accounts. Adding the user to another machine (same model PC and OS) and the error doesn't occur. So something on the machines is causing it, rather than a domain permissions issue, but we've yet to find the cause.

One temporary work around is disabling UAC. Seems if you stop the error pop-up, the program will run. This could present other problems, but is less annoying than running as administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just fought this for 3 hours with Acrobat Pro XI on Windows 7 - what worked for me was a complete uninstall of Adobe Acrobat Pro XI, AND Adobe Acrobat Reader using the cleaner tool from Adobe.  Then I deleted the Adobe folder from c:\programdata (invisible) AND c:\program files (x86)\Common.  After reboot, I reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Pro XI and that fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

We had the same issue and solved it by removing the 'Read Only' attribute from C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SlStore (This is a hidden folder) and giving Full Control to all Users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None of these things worked for me.  What I did was grant permissions to the entire commonfiles/Adobe folder.

And mark it not read-only.

There is some file or folder in there other than Adobe PCD that needs to have permissions changed, but unclear which it is and don't feel like testing each one.  But it works finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines