Exit

XD file can't detected on XD mobile Apps even using latest XD desktop apps

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

anyone know this bug?

I've updated my XD on my MAC to ver 0.8.2.2 also I update my XD android apps ver 1.2.5

- I upload my file has created in XD ver 0.8.2.2 to my Adobe Cloud

- I open that files via XD mobile apps but there wrote "this XD file format is outdated. Please save the document with the latest version of XD and retry."

- I contact xdmobilefeedback team, and share my files, they download my files, re upload and voila they can open it. Then they shared to me via collaboration

- I open thats file on my XD android apps it works perfectly (except mine it always file format is outdated)

- So I assume the trouble come from my XD desktop.

Can anyone fix this issue?

Thanks

Deto

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Short answer: do not use the web interface. Use your OSX or Windows finder to put the file in your Creative Cloud folder. It's a cloud mirror folder we install on your disk. You can also save the document directly from XD into this folder. A background process will convert it to a cloud document and upload it to the cloud for you

Longer answer: when you save the document into the Creative Cloud folder, it's no longer a file. It's a cloud document. It's more like a database. It has special

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deto,

How are you uploading the file to Creative Cloud?  If you upload an xd file to the cloud using the web interface, the file will not be accessible.  This will not update the file format.

you have to open the old format .xd file in the XD desktop app, then choose save/save-as and choose the "Creative Cloud" folder (or a subfolder inside there) as the location.  Alternately, you can save it with the latest desktop XD app anywhere on disk, then move it to your Creative Cloud folder in your finder.  Either of these will trigger the background task that uploads the file from your mirror directory to the cloud in the proper format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save thats file in my local drive, then I drag to my web interface adobe cloud. So cause that it detected old file?

Regards

Deto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer: do not use the web interface. Use your OSX or Windows finder to put the file in your Creative Cloud folder. It's a cloud mirror folder we install on your disk. You can also save the document directly from XD into this folder. A background process will convert it to a cloud document and upload it to the cloud for you

Longer answer: when you save the document into the Creative Cloud folder, it's no longer a file. It's a cloud document. It's more like a database. It has special features as a cloud document that a file does not have.

When you upload a file via the web interface, it remains a file. You can get the file back from the cloud later, but it will not support any cloud functionality while hosted in the cloud

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

all clear now

Thanks for your great help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines