• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing crashes my Photoshop CS5 app...Help??

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For several months, I have been having issues with Photoshop crashing every time I try to print from the regular “print” option pull-down. I am able to print using the “print one copy” option, but not through the regular process (which allows for color and print options). I have tried to update though the Adobe Application Manager several times, but the 12.0.4 update for Photoshop CS5 always comes back with an error message saying “There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later.” - which I have done many times. Any ideas on what’s going on?? Any help available?

I'm running Photoshop CS5 extended version 12.0 on a MacBook Pro running Sierra 10.12.6

Thanks for any thoughts/advice you may have!

Kristin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install the photoshop cs5 12.0.4 update by following the Creative Suite 5.5, 5, and 4

install instructions on the following link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Photoshop cs5 12.0.4 update download:

Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Adobe Photoshop 12.0.4 update for Adobe Photoshop CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I will look forward to finding some time again to try this and solve my printing problem. I really appreciate your suggestion.

Best,

Kristin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm...can't get this to load on my computer. I get the following message:

“AdobePatchInstaller” can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image."

Maybe I'm not downloading it correctly??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on the installer, choose "Open" from the context menu and confirm when asked if you want to open it.

If that does not work, we can try another thing.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't get anything to right click on my Mac - either with the bluetooth mouse or the mouse trackpad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Ctrl + click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Got the menu to pop up this way. Unfortunately I still get the same error message: “AdobePatchInstaller” can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image.

I really appreciate all your help! If this is just going to be what it is, I understand...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok next step will involve "Terminal", a command line utility on your Mac. Search for Terminal.app and run it.

Follow these steps to show "Open Package Contents" in the Patch Installer.app and open the MacOS folder inside. Drag the Install executable inside that folder into the Terminal window and press Enter to start it.

The steps and screenshots are here:

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seem as though this worked! Thank you SO much. I will have to play with Photoshop a bit later to make sure all is well, but everything seemed to go as described. Thank you, thank you!!

Kristin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. I want to warn you that whether you install or patch CS5 in Sierra, this is what you will have to do from now on.

CS5 will never be upgraded and sooner or later will not run at all on newer MacOS versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ugh! Thanks for the heads-up and for all the help!

Best,

Kristin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Application Manager is out of date. Once you update it, the Help > Updates process should work normally.

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

Not only will it update Photoshop, but also Bridge and Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I will look forward to finding some time again to try this and solve my printing problem. I really appreciate your suggestion.

Best,

Kristin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines