• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with preparing forms

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a previous user of Adobe FormsCentral which, as we know, is no longer available. I'm attempting to create a PDF form and imported a template I created in Word as my starting point. I need to be able to edit the PDF after the form fields are set since I plan to make several variations of the same form. Currently, if I edit text on the template after the form fields are placed, the form fields will disappear. I want to avoid having to re-create form fields each time I need to change one word on the template itself.

When I try to edit text next to a placed form field a warning icon appears with a pop-up saying I need to "manually create an association" between the text and form field. I can't find any information on how to do this!

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thank you!

Anne

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Acrobat are you using to edit the form? Are these the old FormsCentral forms that you downloaded, or are you creating new forms? I often edit text in a form without problems, so we should be able to figure out what’s going on. Would you be able to share one of your forms?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karl,

Thanks so much for responding!

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, and these are new forms that I'm creating. Here's the screenshot of the message I'm receiving when I try to edit the text.

adobeform.PNG

For some reason this wasn't happening for a while when I was working on the form a couple days ago, but when I re-opened this morning to continue my work it started happening again. I'm not sure if there's a setting I can turn on/off that will fix this.

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines