• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC paint brush masking not working properly

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been cutting out images using the paint brush masking option. For some reason the white (to show) will no longer work. However, when I switch to black (to hide) it works properly. I have been cutting images out for a while today with no issue and all of a sudden it isn't working. I have even rebooted my computer and even tried saving the file in different locations to see if that would work.

For example, I accidently hid (using black) an area I want to show (the dot area). I switched back to white and it doesn't show it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

The brush is set to "Darken" blend mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the settings on the brush? Are they set to normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below are the settings for the brush.

It is just strange because I can select the black color using the brush and click the area and it hides ("removes") and I switch immediately to the white color and click the area and it doesn't reveal.

I went to a completely different computer with Photoshop CC and opened the same file and was able to use the brush tool with the white color (the area I selected revealed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brush is set to "Darken" blend mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I finally figured it out. My brush mode got switched to Darken. I changed it to Normal and it is working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So when ever a tool doesn't work how you think it should, always go to the top bar and look to see how the tools are set. It remembers the last settings, so you may have to reset them when you go to use them the next time. Glad it is working now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines