• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Import Comments From Shared Review?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My group and I all have RoboHelp 2017 installed locally, and we use SharePoint as our source control. We also all have Acrobat Pro DC Installed locally.

I am trying to find a way to import comments from a shared review, and for whatever reason, the only comments I can import are my own. I have tried sending a shared review (saved to a network drive) or saving the file directly to our network drive. In both cases, I cannot import comments from my editors. On a separate document, I was able successfully to import my own comments, but I haven't been able to import anyone else.

I can provide more specific information if needed, but is there something obvious that would cause this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure, but the problem may be that you have RoboHelp installed locally and you are asking it to go to a shared network drive to get comments. I'm wondering if the locations are the issue given that you can see your own comments. The logical conclusion is that RoboHelp is not seeing the shared network drive to pull in their comments. Have you added the location to the Resource Manager? Can you pull in other resources other than the comments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When importing comments from a shared PDF review, I have had the most success by opening the shared review and then saving it to another location. (Save As...) I have another folder set up exclusively for saved review PDFs.

I then import the comments from the saved copy and continue with the Review tools in RoboHelp.

Saving the review PDF seems to be the key.

Sometimes the results aren't 100% perfect as my SMEs will frequently use the highlighter tool with added comments to indicate changes, but it beats trying to sift through a Word copy of the entire document when the changes have not been indicated.

Hopefully this helps.

-Britton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp