• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Targeted Adjustment Tool failing in latest update, 2015.10.1 Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest Lightroom CC update, 2015.10.1 on 5/25/2017. After update, the targeted adjustment tool will not switch from the Zoom icon to the adjustment icon. The underlying function (Tone or Color adjustments) does not switch into targeted adjustment mode. Even with the adjustment tool switch selected, the zoom icon and underlying zoom function persists. I have restarted the app with no change. Have not yet tried a full reinstall. Is anyone else having this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When strange things happen following an update it's always worth resetting the Lightroom preferences. How to set Lightroom preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip Ian. I will consider taking this action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a mouse or a tablet for input?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Apple trackpad with an iMac, but I tried with a mouse which produced the same failure.  Actually, I do have a workaround for the problem now which seems to work consistently. On the Adjustments panel in HSL mode I click on the Hue button and then Saturation button. This has consistently returned the targeted adjustment tool to normal both in the Adjustments and Tone Curve panels. Not ideal but I can use this method temporarily. Thanks again for engaging over this problem. If I do find a better more permanent solution I'll post it to this thread and the one you referenced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all kinds of combos of choices and can't make it break but if it does I will report back.  Lightroom unfortunately has several of these types of intermittent bugs/glitches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really strange, for sure. Using Windows 10 here. I have used the TAT successfully on several occasions using different tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IanLyons you have saved me so many headaches and pouring through help articles and forums! Following the instructions to reset Lr preferences worked like a charm...now back to being productive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine here on OS X 10.11.6 and 2015.10.1.  Maybe it related to this possible problem although I can't duplicate it either.

Serious bug with the new release

What is your OS version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is also Mac 10.11.6. And that reference to the "serious bug" describes the problem exactly. Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue - I'm running Sierra OS on a MAC - it was perfectly fine before the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing this all the time or just when Soft Proofing is enabled?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it whether soft proofing is enabled or not. As mentioned previously, my workaround for now is the click on Hue then Saturation in the Adjustments panel (set to HSL), which though not ideal allows me to execute a typical editing workflow. This method consistently works for me without fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to duplicate this. A bug has been logged.

For now, manual controls will have to be used.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great Rick. Thank you for picking up on this thread and taking action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an ETA for the fix? 

Selecting a different photo seems to reset the bug for a few minutes - Still annoying but faster than restarting LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue but whenever this problem occurs, I just shut down and restart my Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me when I have the entire HSL panel open but goes away and works fine if I only have one of them open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe' when will this be fixed???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has already been fixed.  Update your Lightroom to the latest version - 6.12 / 2015.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it has not been fixed on Mac computers. I've contacted Adobe & a technical support representative carried out all sorts of updates on my iMac & it is still the same (an intermittent problem).

Not just that: I've noticed that "Guided" tool in "Transform" doesn't work either (Zoom' icon persists when "Guided" is selected)

When will this be fixed? I use these tools regularly, therefore a major disruption to my workflow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They both work quite nicely on my Mac.  Are you sure you have the latest update?  6.12 / CC 2015.12

We are users on this forum just as yourself, not Adobe.  Asking us "When will this be fixed?" will not get you an answer here for your problem.  What did Adobe Tech Support say about your problem?  It is not a universal Mac problem as my iMac works great since the latest CC 2015.12 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They work on my Mac too.    OS X 10.11.6 and 2015.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My iMac OS 10.12.6 Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 8.32.18 pm.pngYes I have no new updates available. A google search reveals that a quite a number of others are complaining of the same issue. I use Lightroom daily/extensively & yes they work fine sometimes, but sometimes they don't & the zoom tool persists...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines