• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

load part of a sequence and iterate

Advocate ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

say I have 1000 jpegs.  I want to load 0001-0010 into layers, create a smart object from them then run an action.

I then want to load 0002-0011 and repeat, spitting out a new jpeg sequence

Does anyone know if there is a script out there that I can use as a starting point for this?  I'm happy to hack and learn bits as I go, but starting absolutely from scratch is a bit daunting.  I know a little javascript and I used to used lingo (anyone remember that!?)

How hard can it be ?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds doable, but need more info:

1. Should each imported layer be converted to Smart Object, or the entire set should be Smart Object?

2. What should happen after you apply action? Should it save & close the document?

3  What do you mean by spitting out a new jpeg sequence ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi tomas thanks for responding

1. one smart object (the plan is to apply smart object stack modes)

2 & 3: Document should be exported to jpeg and closed (that's what I mean by spitting out new sequence).  ie if the original images were 0001.jpg - 1000.jpg, the new sequence would be the same but saved somewhere else.

I guess this would need to work from bridge and have all the images sent as a batch.

why not save psds? because with 1000 pics tweaking the psds is not viable - all the tweaking needs to be done in the action

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines