• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make a file on Photoshop with text that can be edited in Adobe Reader?

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I make a file on Photoshop with text that can be edited in Adobe Reader?

I want to share a photoshop creation with someone in PDF form who can then edit and change text as needed in either Adobe Reader or Preview. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Unless faux styles are employed Type Layers should result in type in a pdf but its edibility is diminished.

So please use a more appropriate application for the task, Indesign for example.

And are you being serious about editing pdfs in Preview?

Edit: If I remember correctly Preview does not preview overprints, so it does not even seem fit for viewing pdfs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless faux styles are employed Type Layers should result in type in a pdf but its edibility is diminished.

So please use a more appropriate application for the task, Indesign for example.

And are you being serious about editing pdfs in Preview?

Edit: If I remember correctly Preview does not preview overprints, so it does not even seem fit for viewing pdfs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You CANNOT completely make a file in Photoshop with text to be edited in Acrobat Reader. These would be "form fields", you'd add them in InDesign or Acrobat. Still using Photoshop for the photo of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines