• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Harvey's on its way, need prayers!

Engaged ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hurricane Harvey is scheduled to strike the Corpus Christi coastline on Saturday morning around 7 am CST with winds clocked at least 100 + mph and inland as far as San Antonio with sustained winds of 70 mph. Rain fall is off the charts for these areas for this time of year. Property damage is expected. Request prayers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got it Texas.  I have relatives in Galveston.  Are you evacuating or hunkering down?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in San Antonio so I'm staying right here. So far the latest news is a lot of folks have already arrived in town and are staying with friends, relatives and have booked hotel/motel rooms plus the city has provided for shelters. This storm is suppose to last through the weekend into Monday gradually weakening and moving off to the east and possibly back out into the Gulf of Mexico but who knows these storms aren't 100% predictable. We don't get hit by hurricanes as often as say Florida but when they do hit they don't kid around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you all stay safe over there! Stay on higher ground and keep indoors, no sightseeing during the storms!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know it must be serious when officials tell people to use a Sharpy (indelible ink) pen & mark their arms with name and social security #. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prayers sent that the turn will happen and the storm subsides...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saturday morning in San Antonio. Woke up and surveyed the damage. We were fortunate and have been so far aside from a few broken branches from the Pecan Tree and some loosened boards on the picket style security fence that's the extent of Harvey's incursion into our lives. I've not seen any heavy rain just a steady drizzle with occasional sporadic wind gusts of perhaps 20 to 30 mph. Your prayers truly were heard for our safety but they're still needed for those who have suffered worst in the coastal regions and inland flooding in some eastern counties. Thank you all and God Bless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

k2ce4

Rain fall is off the charts for these areas for this time of year. 

You have our prayers from Vanuatu. we got hit with a massive category 5 Cyclone with winds up to 250 km/h on March 2015. we pray for the families affected by the Hurricane.

Our prayers to the US President too, Rainfall off the charts may mean our climate is changing, the pacific is already experiencing the effect of climate change. maybe it is time we ALL should hold our hands together and combat climate change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

silasn2702  wrote

Rainfall off the charts may mean our climate is changing...

You think?  At 9:am where I live in southern California, the temperature was 101 F, 38 C.  Right now it is 107 F,  42 C.   EDIT: at 1:pm it is 112 F,  44C and still climbing.   Global warming is definitely here.  The naysayers can pound sand all they want to but it doesn't change what is happening all around us.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Global warming is definitely here.  The naysayers can pound sand all they want to but it doesn't change what is happening all around us.

Nancy

It is definately here.. Pacific Island nations being surrounded by the sea have seen first hand what the Global Warming can do.

Change in the temperature, sea level rise, cyclones getting stronger every year and we only pray that it does not get any worse than that.

I am very new to this, our office told us we need accounts on Adobe to purchase new products, upgrades ets. then I came across this Forum, I have little to none Idea about Web Designs and stuff but I know this forum will help alot.

Silas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum Lounge is for discussing whatever creative or emerging topics you want to talk about.  If you want to discuss web design in particular, I recommend visiting the Dreamweaver or Muse product forums because that's where the web designers hang out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy OSheaI will visit these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a visitiing physicist stay at the apartment across from me. Casually I asked him why a few degrees Celsius increase in temperature would make that much difference to the earth.

He replied, "the same difference if your own body temperature would go up by a few degrees."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  wrote

I had a visitiing physicist stay at the apartment across from me. Casually I asked him why a few degrees Celsius increase in temperature would make that much difference to the earth.

He replied, "the same difference if your own body temperature would go up by a few degrees."

That's the best short answer I've seen to that question.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

That's the best short answer I've seen to that question.

Dave

Someone once said, "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough yourself."

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now 2 more category 4 hurricanes to reckon with -- Irma and Jose. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A satellite picture of Hurricane Irma with Hurricane Andrew superimposed, showing the size difference between the two storms. (Image/NASA/RAMMM8)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

People who shoot guns at hurricanes are not exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer.  Darwin awards, here we come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines